Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Low Intel QuickSync usage
flashmp3 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 14, 2013 21:21 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
It's insane that PowerDirector would support intel quick sync of Sandy bridge, then would go straight to Haswell support avoiding Ivy Bridge. I don't see why Ivy bridge would have been avoided. So as the software detects my Intel Quick Sync well, i guess the person who answered me just doesn't know much............

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 19. 2013 12:07

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
flashpmp, that was a pretty poor response, also not unexpected based on my support experience. I think one needs to get past the level zero queue card support desk but I'm not the CL elite with badge and direct RD hotline. I won't try and dissect entire response but I believe maybe it's outlining min requirements, i.e. at least the 2nd gen (Sandy Bridge) CPU or newer, at least a MB with Intel H67 chipset or newer.....

My testing was with a MB with Intel Z77 Express chipset and a Ivy bridge 3770, Win7 and Intel GPU encoding is totally functional so they didn't skip the Ivy. As I indicated, depending on the task at hand and timeline complexity, typically 45-85% GPU utilization.

If you desire, I'm still glad to run several sample videos in the retail version of PD12 and convert with Intel GPU to what ever format you would like for your encode time comparison.

Jeff
flashmp3 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 14, 2013 21:21 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Here is the answer from support. So as I was saying before it seems that for real the person I got the answer from seems not to know much. I can understand that some people of the PD support have knowledges only inside the software and its fonctions, but they could at least have escalated my question to someone who knows cause regarding the big amount of technologies inside PD like for example the support of AVX2 there are definitely people with High knowledges here and very aware of the latests features offered by Intel.
Dear Frederic,

Thank you for writing back.

Regarding to your concern, I would like to inform you that this could be of the limitation for trial version. The trial version software has limited features as comparing to the full version.

I would suggest you to please purchase full version of PowerDirector 12 to enjoy full feature editing. You may refer the link below to purchase.

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-ultra/features_en_US.html

If the software doesn't meet your expectation, you can get refund as we provide 30 days refund policy.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Thanks and Regards,

Sorokhaibam
CyberLink Technical Support