Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
After update to Windows 8.1 and build 3230 PowerDirector 11 is non functional
Sweeney [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 18, 2006 20:37 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
PD has ceased to work properly on my laptop after these updates. The program opens and appears to allow editing of projects but it will not produce anything. On attempting any production the clock just keeps on ticking with no discernable result and I end up having to use task manager to close the program.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled, updated drivers and have done all the basics so any ideas?

Also, out of interest, does anyone have a working version of PD11 on a Windows 8.1 platform as I know there are others with this same problem?
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Out of interest, does anyone have a working version of PD11 on a Windows 8.1 platform?

Yes. PD11 appears to be fully functional here on 8.1 PRO. It had been installed in 8.1PV, which was upgraded to the final version.

You might go the UNinstall/REinstall route again, employing this tool. No harm trying...
http://download.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/cs/CLCleaner/CLCleaner2-PowerDirector_11.0.zip

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 14. 2013 20:37

Sweeney [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 18, 2006 20:37 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Update (which may help others experiencing this issue).

In my case the issue appears to be linked to rendering mpeg 4 video. When going onto the production screen "Fast rendering technology" and "Intel Quick Sync Video" are selected by default. This was no problem when I was using Windows 8 but seems to halt production under Windows 8.1. However, I found that simply unchecking the checkbox for Fast Rendering Technology seemed to solve the problem.

It may be specific to my particular set-up (a Lenovo Yoga 13 with Intel HD 4000 graphics - the driver for which I believe may have been customised by Lenovo).

Hope this helps someone else. If anyone has any further insights then please feel free to add them.
JoeVideo
Newbie Location: Los Angeles, California, USA Joined: Nov 27, 2011 16:08 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
Sweeney, thanks for the tip, I had the same problem you experienced with the windows 8.1 update and Intel HD 4000 graphics...followed your advice, unchecked the "fast video rendering technology" and the video clip rendered lightning fast ! thanks again... JoeVideo
H Envy 17.3" Notebook Touchsmart M7-J020dx
4th generation Intel (R) i7 4700MQ @2.4GHz
1TBl HD Toshiba MQ1ABD100
DVD optical Drive, RAM 8
gb
Display Adapter Intel (R) HD graphics 4600
64bit operation system, Windows 8.1
DiscoveringNatural [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 30, 2013 06:12 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I am still having this problem. I have PowerDirector 10 (should I upgrade to PD11?) If I uncheck the "Fast Video rendering technology", I get:

The hardware video encoder option must be enabled to encode the selected output profile (H.264 codec)

My Display adapter is "Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000"

Sound/Video Controllers: CyberLink WebCam Virtual Driver
IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
Intel(R) Display Audio

**help!!...pls...
http://youtube.com/DiscoveringNatural

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 30. 2013 07:18

JoeVideo
Newbie Location: Los Angeles, California, USA Joined: Nov 27, 2011 16:08 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
The culprit is the Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000. that was the problem with our three video club HP All-in-one computers with Power Director 11. My personal HP Touch Smart lap top has the Intel(R) Graphics 4600 and that one works just fine....so I guess if your PW director 10 does not function, after unchecking the "Fast Video Rendering" box during the "Produce" process, try the trial version of PD 11 as a test or the trial version of PD 12 ? good luck JoeVideo
H Envy 17.3" Notebook Touchsmart M7-J020dx
4th generation Intel (R) i7 4700MQ @2.4GHz
1TBl HD Toshiba MQ1ABD100
DVD optical Drive, RAM 8
gb
Display Adapter Intel (R) HD graphics 4600
64bit operation system, Windows 8.1
artifonic [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 07, 2013 18:39 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
After updating to Windows 8.1 and having issues with producing and burning the tip to unchecking the fast video rendering box worked like a charm. Thank you. Tech support was useless. Maybe someone should clue them in so they can aid other users who do not use the forum.
Mark1510 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 03, 2013 12:47 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Wow, I just tried the same trick....unchecked the fast rendering box, and now movies are producing again. I've got a ticket into support, though, and will keep you posted. We shouldn't have to uncheck a fast rendering box....hoping the next patch will fix this, but the Jan. 5 , 2014 patch did not!
Contreras [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 07, 2014 17:30 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
thanks sweeney, ive been trying to figure out for hours and i saw your tip and it worked.. thanks man..