Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Simple menu , w/o thumbnail images all in one page, HOW?.
Eugen157
Senior Contributor Location: Palm Springs area, So.CA Joined: Dec 10, 2012 13:57 Messages: 662 Offline
[Post New]
I find it impossible to create with PD12 a simple, single page menu looking something like this:

TITLE

Play

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

etc

Background would be video, no thumbnail images and as mentioned all on first page.

There is no problem doing this with other editing software I have, so I must be overlooking something here.

Tony, I saw the 60P is awesome title, excellent.

Eugene

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 14. 2013 19:00

73s, WA6JZN ex DL9GC
CYBERLINK PLEASE ADD UHD BLU RAY BURNING SOFTWARE
PD14,
Win10,64bit.CPU i7 6700,16GB ,C= 480 GB SSD ,GPU GTX1060 6GB 1 fan. Plus 3 int, 4 ext HDD's for video etc.LG WH16NS40 reads UHD.
4K 24" ViewSonic monitor.Camera Sony FDR-A
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I find it impossible to create with PD12 a simple, single page menu

That's because it's not possible. PD's menu creation module is locked into the Root Menu/Scenes Menu configuration & we can't get past it.

It's disappointing because PD has grown in so many ways, but the whole menu thing suffers from stunted growth.

Glad you liked the personalised menu, Eugene.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Eugen157
Senior Contributor Location: Palm Springs area, So.CA Joined: Dec 10, 2012 13:57 Messages: 662 Offline
[Post New]
Tony,
I am also using the one you labeled SAM 5, just perfect for me after putting in a video stream as a background. Sound was easy to add as well.

We are going on a 15 day RT cruise to Hawaii Wednesday but what I am really looking forward to is the editing of the video afterwards.

Did you get a new camcorder?

Thanks

Eugene

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 15. 2013 12:29

73s, WA6JZN ex DL9GC
CYBERLINK PLEASE ADD UHD BLU RAY BURNING SOFTWARE
PD14,
Win10,64bit.CPU i7 6700,16GB ,C= 480 GB SSD ,GPU GTX1060 6GB 1 fan. Plus 3 int, 4 ext HDD's for video etc.LG WH16NS40 reads UHD.
4K 24" ViewSonic monitor.Camera Sony FDR-A
bowers32 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 27, 2013 21:39 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
So this means that you MUST have a second level to your menu structure? I guess the only way is to not have chapters in which case you could have 1 menu level that simply had a play button?

Like the OP all I want is two chapters so you can forward to 1 point in the video.. it is a game so I just want to be able to jump to the second half. That's it.

I have my background image, my background music.. now all I want to do is see the menu, hear the music, select either chapter 1 or chapter 2 or play from that first menu screen.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry Stephen, it is always 2 page menus; regardless. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
bowers32 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 27, 2013 21:39 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Ok... guess that is the way it is... but... if I have 5 chapters, it now wants me to have 5 different submenus.. one for each chapter. I would prefer to put all of them on the second menu page that I must have. Anyway to achieve this?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Ok... guess that is the way it is... but... if I have 5 chapters, it now wants me to have 5 different submenus.. one for each chapter. I would prefer to put all of them on the second menu page that I must have. Anyway to achieve this?

Good morning, Happy Holidays !

We are into semantics here so that may confuse things. What you have are probably 5 titles (individual movies). not chapters. Chapters are like chapters in a book; in this case in the individual titles. I know that the top menu wording is confusing. In this case, the menu "scenes" are really the titles. If you don;t have chapters in the movies, then you would not get sub menu pages for each of the titles.

Don;t forget to se the playback mode also !

I hope this doesn't give you a headache!
[Thumb - chapters.jpg]
 Filename
chapters.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Menu and Chapters
 Filesize
66 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
99 time(s)
[Thumb - playback mode.jpg]
 Filename
playback mode.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Playback mode
 Filesize
120 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
99 time(s)
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
We are into semantics here so that may confuse things. What you have are probably 5 titles (individual movies). not chapters.

So, just to be clear...PD does not allow a single page menu where all the desired titles are listed and can be accessed?

What a pity if that is the case. I am trying so hard to make the complete break from Sony's DVD authoring products to CyberLink. I've been successful in doing so from Vegas Movie Studio for editing and rendering purposes, but looks like I'll continue to use DVD Architecture for menu design and burning. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
[Post New]
PD unfortunately not the freedom to create menu, chapters I want to just jump on very long video, PD will create the page for each chapter so very annoying.
I use Nero to burn DVD, and its application "Nero Video" to create menu is very simple and easy to use. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Petoskey resident [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Petoskey, Michigan Joined: Feb 09, 2014 22:46 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Experimenting with menu designer to create basic menu w/o thumbnails. I have found that I can decrease the size of the thumbnail to its smallest size and then move each thumbnail to the corner. I have overwritten each thumbnail in the same area of the corner. It appears to be outside the TV safe area so it hopefully won't show. I have 10 per menu page with two pages for 20 chapters. Am I on the right track or will I not be able to do this?