Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problem with using downloaded DZS file in Powerdirector 12
xieguowei [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 10, 2013 09:11 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I am using PowerDirector 12 Ultimate.

I have downloaded 7 DZS files from Director Zone website, under the Magic style downloads. Then I double-clicked on the files and the pop up message stated "The Magic Style template was successfully installed and is now ready to use. It is available for Cyberlink PowerDirector."

However I cannot see the new templates in the Theme Designer window. I cannot locate them anywhere in the program as well. Can somebody advise on how I can resolve this?
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
those templates are available in the 'Magic ' module not directly in Pd. you have to select the little icon with the 'Magic wand' or when PD starts select from start menu.
Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi xieguowei -

Could you posts a screenshot of (a) your Magic Style templates library and (b) your Theme Designer (add theme) window (like the ones attached)?

On my PC, there is some correlation between the two. I haven't checked every single style/theme yet.

Which particular dzs files did you download/install? Could you post the DZ link?

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Magic Styles.png]
 Filename
Magic Styles.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
599 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
424 time(s)
[Thumb - Theme Designer (add).png]
 Filename
Theme Designer (add).png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
23 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
380 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
xieguowei [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi thanks for responding.

I had downloaded the templates from the Magic Style room. I noticed that when the download states “Available For: PowerDirector 12”, I will be able to use it. If it is stated as “Available For: PowerDirector 12/11/10”, then I can’t use it even when it prompted a successful installation.

You can refer to attached screenshots.

Wei
[Thumb - Screenshots for DZS.jpg.png]
 Filename
Screenshots for DZS.jpg.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
772 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
363 time(s)
xieguowei [Avatar]
[Post New]
I had downloaded the magic styles from:

http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/effect/MGS/downloadCount/0/ALL#MGS_-1_rateCount_0_ALL_WORLDWIDE_thumb_1

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi wei -

Thanks for the screenshots. That goes part of the way to isolating the issue.

Your Theme Designer window doesn't seem to be populated with many options (4), which makes me wonder whether the initial installation of PD12 is complete.

It would be worth checking the following folders to see what's present.

Downloaded Styles would be installed in C:\Users\Public\CyberLink\Downloaded Styles
PD12 Styles are installed in C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector12\Styles
or C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates\PowerDirector Content Pack 12\PowerDirector 12 Content Pack Essential\Styles

Here's a screenshot of the PD12 Styles folders on my PC...

You're right to expect that your downloaded styles from DZ would install correctly and be displayed in the Magic Styles library & under the Theme Designer options, but I think it's worth investigating the PD12 installation issue first.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - PD12_Installed Styles.png]
 Filename
PD12_Installed Styles.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
145 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2195 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 13. 2013 13:25

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Hi, I was having the same problem trying to load DZS file. I found the answer indirectly in Tony's reply.
In the 'Edit' mode select the 'Plug-in' icon (3rd from left) then the 'Theme Designer' from drop down list - a pop-up window appears populated with all the available styles you have installed , well it did for me!!

Cheers
Chris

Hmmm, now I need to learn how to put my videos and images into the template!