Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD12 Issues - cyberlink clqkernel.client32 issue ... and won't load most times
tdub [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 09, 2013 09:32 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Hey everyone,

So I'm pretty frustrated, and would love to get some help. I've searched the forums, but have yet to find a response that solved my issue (s).
So, I've installed PD12 on my laptop (details below). My initial problem was when I opened it, I kept getting the cyberlink clqkernel.client 32 error for quicktime. I've searched the forums and did some troubleshooting. I made sure I had most recent quicktime version: I did. I uninstalled everything (PD and Quicktime) and reinstalled, using the quicktime exe from the software disc I bought, as suggested. No go. Still getting that issue.
Now, my second issue (which I'm assuming they are tied together), is that sometimes it won't even load for me when I try to open PD12. It does a quick hourglass, then nothing happens (I do see it sitting there in processes in my task manager, as if its open). But nothing.
So what I did was sign out as that user, created an administrator profile, and signed in with that. It opens! In fact, it didn't even get the clqkernel error. Works great, did a small project, moves pretty quick. But under my other profile, for some reason I always get that clq kernel error (stopped working etc ...). I think this is pretty key to the issue (that it works on one profile not on the other ... but can't figure out the difference)
So I go back to my normal laptop profile. Same issues: won't load most of the time, when/if it finally does, get the kernel error.

My laptop is a Samsung about a year old. i5 with windows 8 etc .. See attached. I read that I was to run the DXDIAG and I did, so below is what I got when I saved all. I also tried to find the button it suggests if I have 64 bit, but couldn't find it anywhere. Hope this is enough.
Ok, sorry so long!!! But any help would be GREATLY appreciated! (Oh by the way: also installed this on my Desktop computer. Its a build for music recording: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83Ghz, Asus P5Q motherboard Intel P45, 4Gb RAM, etc ...) and it works!! There are certain functions that run really slow, and has frozen once or twice, but generally works) Not sure if that helps. Just trying to give as much detail as I can : )
Please help
 Filename
DxDiagtdub.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag tdub
 Filesize
86 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
281 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 09. 2013 19:13

garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
tdub:

I wonder if this thread might help: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30626.page" target="_new" rel="nofollow"> http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30626.page

I see that your dxdiag shows an nvidia card, way down in dxdiag. It seems your Intel 4000 is your default card in the profile that produced your dxdiag, and strangely, it appears twice. I wonder if your new profile uses the nvidia GT 630M by default ... ?

The Intel 4000 only has 32 MB of dedicated VRAM, so it MIGHT be an issue because PD12 wants a minimum of 128 MB, and preferably 1 GB of dedicated video RAM.

Your Intel VRAM driver is also a year old. You should update that directly from the Intel site.

I am just speculating here. Not sure what the real problem is ...

Hope this is of some help. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil

Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
tdub [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hmmm, that's interesting. So Phil are you saying that it looks like it is using a different graphics card (the Intel 4000) rather than the GT 630M? (wonder why it even has two graphics cards). If that is the case, how can I change that? And how can I check to see if the administrator profile (where its working fine) is using the GT 630M?
I will also update that driver as you mentioned.

I'm just so confused that it works on one profile (Administrator) and not the other one. They both have most recent Quicktime. I've uninstalled and reinstalled both PD and QT several times : (

ps: Better dig that John Deere out soon, its coming I'm in NB!
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
On your system for some reason there is a conflict with PD when trying to run it under a different profile from the Admin one. (I personally run everything under Admin to avoid these crazy issues. Some people prefer using another profile for security reasons, but I have never had an issue because I make sure my anti-virus, firewalls and system is locked down.)

The Intel 4000 is a built in GPU that comes with your i5 Core CPU.

Go to lower left of screen, right click mouse button
Select Device Manager
Click open Display adapters

You should see two adapters- Your Intel 4000 & the Nvidia GT 630M
here is mine as an example:

Rob
[Thumb - Display Drivers.PNG]
 Filename
Display Drivers.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
77 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
457 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 10. 2013 09:28

PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
tdub [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hey Rob, thanks great info, thanks!
Couple clarifying questions:

1- So should I be doing something to change the graphics card? I do see both of them there in device manager, just as you show in your screenshot (along with something called Mirage Driver). Do I need to prioritize or disable one of them, or just leave as is? I read that they are both suppose to run, just the onboard one handles most things till it needs more power, then the other would kick in .. ?

2- You said you run everything under Admin profile ... I'm fine doing that actually, if it works. My concern was when I set up that admin profile per someones instructions in a forum, they also said to be careful and to go back and disable it after (in command prompt i went: net user administrator:active/yes then active/no to disable it). Is there any issues with running on admin? Its only me that uses the computer.

3- What did you mean by: Some people prefer using another profile for security reasons, but I have never had an issue because I make sure my anti-virus, firewalls and system is locked down.)? What do you mean by having those LOCKED DOWN?

thanks again so much for the responses and help here guys!

RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Good questions-

1. To keep things simple I'll say this- Video editing is heavily CPU dependent. When it comes to rendering a final video output, PD (Power Director) is dependent on the options you select when in the Produce screen and can now use the GPU (graphics card) to help with the video rendering.

See this Video Tutorial for more info concerning what Graphics cards does what & when: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjPY6iY5Qxs
Click on the "About" then "Show More" under the video to see a text summary of the video.

2. & 3. are related- basically if you had more than one person or guests logging onto your computer you would have separate accounts other than your main Admin account in use. Since the Admin account is the master account you can do a lot of things that a guest limited account cannot do. Like change system settings that can really mess up your computer if you don't know what you are doing. (Which is the reason why you don't want kids or anyone else besides you using your Admin account- unless you trust they won't mess around in it.) You can set up another account and give it Admin type access- but I personally find this tedious since it's my computer and I am the only one on it.

I also personally don't limit any settings on my Admin account. All I do is password protect my login and have my anti-virus and firewall active. I do more elaborate security precautions if I am traveling with my laptop.

Rob
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
tdub [Avatar]
[Post New]
Really great info and explanations, thank you Rob.
Well, I'm the only one to use the computer, so as long as that is the only concern, I'm good.
Like I said, for some reason, it is working fine on Admin access .... so I will just stick with that, and forget trying to figure out why it won't work on my other profile (though it will continue to bother me that I wasn't able to figure it out! lol ... that's the OCD coming out in me).

Thanks again for your help here. Much appreciated.

borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Like I said, for some reason, it is working fine on Admin access .... so I will just stick with that, and forget trying to figure out why it won't work on my other profile (though it will continue to bother me that I wasn't able to figure it out! lol ... that's the OCD coming out in me).

As Rob hints, likely a permissions issue. You can "take ownership" but that can be a sticky proposition. Probably best to suppress OCD tendencies and just go with the admin flow. ^_^ Easier on the blood pressure.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 11. 2013 22:08