Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Some advise please PD 12 INSTALL
Tomas G77
Member Location: Ayrshire Joined: Jun 13, 2008 08:54 Messages: 100 Offline
[Post New]
Some advise please,
I have P.D.directors suite 11 installed,do I have to uninstall this befor I
Install PD 12 Ultimate.
Thanks
Thomas G
I'm a 33yr old trapped in a 69yr old body
Kmot
Contributor Location: Northridge, CA Joined: Apr 18, 2012 01:45 Messages: 432 Offline
[Post New]
I have (had) PD11 Director Suite and upgraded just my PowerDirector to PD12 Ultimate and the other software's are still working as before.

I did not need to uninstall anything beforehand. ~Tom~
Tomas G77
[Post New]
Thanks Kmot
Tom G Thomas G
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Hey there Tom & Tom,

I have absolutely nothing to add to this- I just thought it was funny that well- Tom answered Tom.

Okay time to go carve some pumpkins before the ravenous lil monster horde show up at our door.

Rob

[Edit- typo "horde"]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 01. 2013 11:12

PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
[Post New]
If you bought an upgrade, it might ask you to uninstall old version. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PowerDirector 365
Tomas G77
[Post New]
Hi all just an update on things

What a mistake I made in my purchase??
As I said I have Director suit 11 and wanted to update to PD 12 so I bought the ultimate version £62.99 it turns out I bought the wrong version I thought it came with colourdirector2 and audio director 4 so it was my fault for not reading the upgrade detail properly.
so what I done was get on to Cyberlink to cancel this purchase.
They sent me an Email which includes a L.O.D. ( Letter of Destruction ) which you have to fill in and signed with your signature
so you have to print it of then sign it rescan and send as an attachment I done this earlier.
I then got an email back and they say it was not signed. so had to do the whole thin again.
only this time I signed and wrote a statement that I would not use this version of software that I purchased.
What a lot of hassle they had the bill of sale. just had an Email this minute it appears now they have this statement.
I know the whole thing was my entire fault, but wow what a load of messing just to get a refund.

I now can purchase the PD 12 ULTIMATE SUITE UPGRADE £109.99 which is well worth the upgrade since you do get the colour director 2 and audiodirector 4

I see the new patch is out for PD 12 Cyberlink were pretty quick to sort this.
I would also like to Thank Dafydd for his help and the Temp fix.

Tom G

Thomas G