Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Why The Green Screen?
[Post New]
I can only find this issue for PD9 and its locked so here goes. 4 hours in and produced. I forgot to edit the music, so I reload the production in PD11, and a mean green screen is all over my video. Have sound but some parts just turn green. I also spent 5 hours updating things, and checking settings. So I am dead dog tired ATM, and trying to find out if this green crap will show up if I just go ahead and UL to YT? Is my video dead after 9 hours and needing 4 more? Really don't want to hear that I have to start over. Thanks.

I have win 7 home P 64 and the entire system is new but have used PD11 many times already with so many issues. Patches/updates. changing settings. What gives?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Go to the video card manufacturer and check for the latest WHQL driver, NO BETA.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I can only find this issue for PD9 and its locked so here goes. 4 hours in and produced. I forgot to edit the music, so I reload the production in PD11, and a mean green screen is all over my video.

Usually not a content, but a video driver issue. Visit the manufacturer's WEBsite for your video adapter, download and install the latest driver.

NVidia
http://geforce.com/drivers
AMD
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
Intel
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/graphics

If problems arise roll back via Control Panel|DEVICE MANAGER|VIDEO ADAPTER|<your adapter>|DRIVER tab.
[Post New]
Okay so I spent hours uploading the latest video driver (slow internet). But it was after the video went green. Now when I go back to it its still green in the exact same places it was green before. If its just a display issue will it upload to YT okay?
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Okay so I spent hours uploading the latest video driver (slow internet). But it was after the video went green. Now when I go back to it its still green in the exact same places it was green before. If its just a display issue will it upload to YT okay?

Perhaps. Can it hurt to test it?

Did you not only download, but install the driver as well - usually by double-clicking on the file? Basic, but sometimes overlooked, as folks expect an auto-install.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Maybe a codec issue? Is the green area from a different source?
HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Okay so I spent hours uploading the latest video driver (slow internet). But it was after the video went green. Now when I go back to it its still green in the exact same places it was green before. If its just a display issue will it upload to YT okay?

Perhaps. Can it hurt to test it?

Did you not only download, but install the driver as well - usually by double-clicking on the file? Basic, but sometimes overlooked, as folks expect an auto-install.

Ya cause it takes about an hour per minute of video for a upload to YT using 640p. The video was trimmed from an hour to 5 minutes. So that would tie me up for 5 hours.
I did install it before posting here this morning.
[Post New]
Quote: Maybe a codec issue? Is the green area from a different source?

Thanks for the response. I have look up what codec is. One thing I wonder. The only issue my computer has (besides the intermittent issues with PD11) is flash player. It always crashes when I pause a yt video for any given amount of time. I always send an error report but it still does it. Might the two issues be related somehow?