Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
still unbale to use cyberlink
cmorebutz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 18, 2013 09:50 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
its been about two months and im still unable to use cyberlink worth anything...I paid for the program and all it does is stall and freeze up during playbacks even on the lowest quality..I just want to do videos I need serious help. Ive told them all the information they needed to know only to say my computer may not be strong enough (intel core i5) can I improve the graphic card or memory..PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME SOMETHING BESIDES THE INFO I ALREADY KNOW!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 29. 2013 16:38

rob
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Is this a desktop? Intel onboard graphics are hit or miss, so that might be a good place to start if it is a desktop. Even a good midrange graphics card should help. I believe the dxdiag.txt showed 4 core processor, so you shouldn't be struggling with HD unless it is a very high bitrate.

I don't knwo what you have tried, but you may want to make sure QuickTime is installed and up to date. Did you do anything unusual like install PD on a different drive than C? __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
cmorebutz [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have it on a laptop..im going to check with the quick time asap, and I installed it from online thanks for responding. I really don't know what to do..i had it on very weak lap top years ago and it was cyberlink pd 9 and it worked a lot better than this 1 on a stronger computer. rob
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I just don't get it. I have a laptop similar to yours and it runs pretty good. I wish I could be more help. There must be something we are missing.

It's a longshot, but maybe run the PD 12 trial and see if it works Ok. That won't tell you much other than whether or not it is the computer or your install of PD 11. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Had a look at your DxDiag from your older thread.
Your Intel graphics drivers are from 2012.
Go to Intel and update them.

Also when editing try:

Disconnecting from the internet
Turn off following:

1.) Anti-Virus
2.) Firewall

3.) Automatic Defragmentation
4.) Superfetch
5.) Indexing
6.) Drive Compression

Rob

PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
cmorebutz [Avatar]
[Post New]
I went to intel and it found drivers but it continues to say my device does or is not supporting.

i dont have an ani virus bc i just use this laptop for videos. I really dont know much about the other things you mentioned or how to find them to off. rob
James Dotson
[Post New]
I had the same problem with intel graphics. They say there is a newer version, but it won't work on your system and they recommend you go the the computer manufacturer. Then, the computer manufacturer never updates the graphics driver. Just one of many reason I no longer use Intel, but that's story for another day. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
cmorebutz [Avatar]
[Post New]
so I was able to update on the hp site and update quick time but the play back is still horrible. I just dont know what to do and I have several projects to finish. Im thinking about going back to adobe is there anyway cyberlink refunds products that just dont work?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 31. 2013 10:54

rob
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Is there anyway cyberlink refunds products that just don't work?

http://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=2317

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 31. 2013 10:23

cmorebutz [Avatar]
[Post New]
is there anything else I can do to improve the performance of cyberlink on my intel corei5 at this point I cannot even play 12 seconds of playback in the lowest quality even without effects being added..Can I unistall it and install it back or something. I still need help...(Video Editor) hurting my business bad rep for cyberlink as of now. I had cyberlink 9 years ago still no improvement! rob
James Dotson
[Post New]
Complete uninstall and install would be the next thing I would try. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
cmorebutz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Will it save or delete the current project that im working on rob
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Will it save or delete the current project that im working on

It should not.

Project files are saved in the User area if you have not changed where you are saving the Project.

I recommend that you Save Project As, save your changes as 001.pds, 002.pds and so on.
you can create a project working folder and copy all of your project assets in the one folder including the PDS files.

Project managment part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAOnn8g0C_o

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 01. 2013 14:14

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.