Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Navigation buttons are overlapping?
nic6 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 05, 2013 11:57 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
Navigation buttons are overlapping?
I got this prompt before burning a 50GB bluray, I cannot see any problems with the menu though.

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/11869/20131020-zcox-181kb.jpg
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Navigation buttons are overlapping?
I got this prompt before burning a 50GB bluray, I cannot see any problems with the menu though.

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/11869/20131020-zcox-181kb.jpg

Nic6, It means what it says !

Did you try to add more buttons to a menu than there were originally? Did you try to rearrange the buttons? The buttons are a lot larger than they look. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
nic6,

It can also mean you have some thumbnails outside to the TV safe zone. Powerdirector wants the thumbnails to be fully on screen and no overlap.

You should be able to turn on the TV Safe zone in the viewer.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: It can also mean you have some thumbnails outside to the TV safe zone.

For my installed PD11 this is not a requirement and PD11 does not check and/or warn for thumbnails outside the TV safe zone. The attached successful burn clearly shows thumbnails and chapter labels outside the dashed TV safe zone.

nic6, the problem is as the warning states, however, you only show the root menu in your pic and this issue is most likely on one of the buried "Scenes" pages. If you highlight (mouse click) each of the DVD menu selectable items on the remaining pages of your menu, the stippled select border around each item can not have overlap.

Jeff
[Thumb - menu_overlap.png]
 Filename
menu_overlap.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1325 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
84 time(s)
nic6 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I looked at all the sub pages, there is NO overlapping whatsoever.
The nearest item which is close to the TV safe area is still well within (see screenprint).

So we have warnings when there shouldn't be, and if authoring a blu ray disc there can be no RW or FF buttons.

Hardly inspiring software is it?

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/11869/20131020-wngp-209kb.jpg
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
On that page, highlight "Bay city Rollers" and then move the cursor over "Limmie..." the stippled select box that you see can not be touching, this and other titles appear too tight spaced in the vertical direction based on measurements off the pic.

Jeff
nic6 [Avatar]
[Post New]
No overlapping anywhere JL_JL

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/11869/20131020-ftdk-202kb.jpg
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Just so we are talking the same overlap condition as again I can not easily tell from the pic you posted, the attached would be overlap. The stipple boxes overlap on Chapter 1 and 2.

You have verified all items and these stippled boxes have visible gap between them?

Jeff
[Thumb - overlap.png]
 Filename
overlap.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
85 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
97 time(s)
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
The "buttons" are still bigger than they look ! .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: The "buttons" are still bigger than they look !

Yes, larger than the words, the size is as the bounding box looks.

nic6, I see in another post the issue "corrected" itself with a reboot. Glad it's working for you, somewhat of a mystery to me, I've never seen a false positive from PD on that check. Every one I've had, after time, I could always locate and resolve. I had overlapped a copy of your menu screen capture and slid down to align a (1974) from two different titles, near perfect alignment, and it sure looks like overlap, by at least a stipple line width, however, I guess not, you changed nothing, (other than a reboot) and now it works.

Jeff
[Thumb - overlay.png]
 Filename
overlay.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
404 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
101 time(s)
Ashleyam5054pdxor214 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 07, 2020 16:23 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
A little late but I created a menu via powerdirector to use on power2go and had the same issue of things overlapping. I searched and moved everything making sure nothing was overlapping. My issue was the chapter menu page that I wasn't even using had overlapping items. So I would suggest adding chapters in the video so you use the menu structure to see the chapter menu select and move things that are overlapping on that. If you created a menu like me when editing it choose chapter menu instead of title menu or root menu and make sure no overlapping.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 31. 2020 06:57