Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Editing is a nightmare it says rendering when I try to preview clips
mcdudeman [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Glastonbury, CT USA Joined: Sep 27, 2013 14:58 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Every time I go to view a clip in the timeline--even if its just a single image or effect (without a video)--it only plays about 1-2 seconds then a box displays under the preview window saying "Rendering..."

I have been looking in the forums for almost an hour and the only thing I saw was on old post mentioning the Nvidia 301.42 driver will fix that issue. But I just finished reverting my driver to that version and it still renders all the time!

I have the latest version of PD12 Ultimate and this is really making editing nearly impossible for me as I need to preview often!

This is what it looks like, along with the green lines that are made above the timeline.

Notice that it is doing it when it is only a single effect without any video...

Syestem specs:

Dell Optiplex 780 SFF
Vista Business SP2 32-bit
2.93Ghz Core 2 Duo E7500
4GB RAM (3.7GB Actual usable amount)
PNY Nvidia GeForce GT 430 2GB - Video output through HDMI
Nvidia display driver version 301.42 (Reverted to this after seeing it in the forums but it didnt help)
1TB Seagate HDD 7200RPM

PowerDirector Ultimate 12.0.2109.0

Thanks Visit my many pages and sites!

Mikestechsupport.weebly.com

Youtube.com/mmmmmthai

mikekean777.likes.com

Twitter @mcdudeman
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
You can try, Preferences > Hardware Acceleration. Uncheck Enable Open CL....

If that does not stop the rendering, Uncheck Enable Hardware decoding on the same preferences page.

Oh, Update your Video Card driver to the latest on the manufacturer web site not Microsoft Update. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

mcdudeman [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Glastonbury, CT USA Joined: Sep 27, 2013 14:58 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have tried disabling opencl and hardware acceleration and no luck.
I had the latest drivers when this started happening, but after looking for a solution on the forums, I came across several posts about the Nvidia 301.42 driver being a solution, so I tried it. No luck. Still does it.
Is there any way to get rid of that rendering? Visit my many pages and sites!

Mikestechsupport.weebly.com

Youtube.com/mmmmmthai

mikekean777.likes.com

Twitter @mcdudeman
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Post a Dxdiag text file so we can have a look at system specs. Most of the Rendering is from out dated drivers or under powered video cards. The is you have a GEforce (or Nvidia )graphics card I an running the latest driver no problems on a 560ti Grforce card. If your card is an older card maybe doesn't accept new driver, and also if graphic card is integrated with your machine it may share memory.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!