Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 11 patch v3230 released
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
PowerDirector 11 patch v3230 just released.

Release Note:

Updates PowerDirector 11 to build 3230
http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_US.html

Updates:
Compatible with Windows 8.1.
Supports Panasonic DMC-GH3 AVCHD clips.
Improves 3D MVC clip and .MTS clips preview performance.
Improves program stability when producing MPEG-4 video with SVRT.
Fixes minor issues associated with .VOB and Panasonic .MTS clips.
Resolves program hanging issue when Vimeo authorization dialog box appears.
Resolves incorrect frame rate issue on some authored Blu-ray Discs.
Resolves the disappearance of downloaded templates.
Resolves program crash when adding Continuous Shooting effect to timeline with OpenCL acceleration enabled.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 06. 2014 04:39

eastx [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Lake Jackson, TX USA Joined: Oct 28, 2013 09:55 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I updated the program to the latest version and it still hangs when I try to produce a video. I am running Windows 8.1 x64. Is anyone else having this problem?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 28. 2013 09:58

Sweeney [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 18, 2006 20:37 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I updated the program to the latest version and it still hangs when I try to produce a video. I am running Windows 8.1 x64. Is anyone else having this problem?

Me too. I cannot produce anything currently. I am also running windows 8.1 x64 on a Lenovo Yoga 13.
cmorebutz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 18, 2013 09:50 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
welcome to the world of Cyberlink...you are now in the lost & never found zone..!! rob
Sweeney [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 18, 2006 20:37 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: welcome to the world of Cyberlink...you are now in the lost & never found zone..!!

Lol - I suspected so. I should stop buying cyberlink stuff as they do indeed have a track record of failing whenever you make the slightest change to your PC. In fact I think I will stop buying Cyberlink stuff
artifonic [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 07, 2013 18:39 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I am experiencing the same problems after updating to Windows 8.1. I have installed their patch and it made no difference. Uninstalled and reinstalled and no help. Cannot produce or burn. If anyone knows a fix please post.
eastx [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Lake Jackson, TX USA Joined: Oct 28, 2013 09:55 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I submitted this as a support issue. They sent me a new EXE with a newer version number than the current patch to try. The installer locks up every time though... So not fixed.
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
If you are having problems with this patch you need to start a topic to get help. Complaining about it in this thread will be of little service to you. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
[Post New]
same problem - patch did not fix ..I hope it is fixed soon.
artifonic [Avatar]
[Post New]
Tech. support needed more info. on my operating system, type of video, etc. Supplied them with all that. So far waste of time. Very frustrating. Maybe time for a new video editing program.
eastx [Avatar]
[Post New]
Have you guys tried switching to WMV as your output file? I caved and bought PowerDirector 12 in hopes that it would work better than 11. It had the same damn compatibility issue, which is ludicrous. But with 12, I have been able to get WMVs to work even though the other types don't.

I'm very disappointed in Cyberlink with this obvious major issue that they seem to be ignoring... But I didn't feel like learning a new video editor. Ah well.
artifonic [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the info on Power Director 12. I was thinking about trying it as a solution also. Now I won't waste my money.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Please post your issues as a new topic as James has already indicated.

Include diagnostic data of your PC as an attachment.
Please read the Sticky guides at the start of the forum.

The more information given, the better assistance members can give you.

Forum Moderator
Edward11 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 25, 2011 08:59 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I think the problems is more with the compatibility between Cyberlink and Window 8.1. Same problems with me - I cannot now Produce nor Create DVD Folder after I updated to Window 8.1 Pro. But when my system was still with Window 8 Pro and installed patch 3230, everything was still running well. Then the problems came after updating to Window 8.1 Pro, and the problems persist even after a complete uninstalling and reinstalling the PDR11. I agree PDR11 can not withstand even a slight change.
artifonic [Avatar]
[Post New]
After supplying PD Tech Support with all requested info on my system, type of video, etc. 2 weeks ago I have not heard from them. I had to download several analytical programs to do this. It was time consuming and tedious. Now I hear nothing from them. A simple reply of we're working on it would be nice. But it's as if they are ignoring it now that there apparently is no solution at hand. Customer service?????
pautler [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 23, 2013 09:19 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Is anyone else having problems downloading and installing the update?

I'm running Windows7, 64bit, and I have PowerDirector Ultra 11.0.0.2812.

When I click on the link at the top of this thread it takes me to the page that lists all of the updates. When I try to click on any of the 'download' links my browser either hangs or tells me that the .exe file has been blocked (I've tried chrome, IE, & Firefox).

I jumped through a couple hoops and was finally able to download the "CyberLink_PowerDirector_Downloader.exe" file, but when I try to run it I immediately receive a pop-up error message that says:

"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64(64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher."

My system is 64bit Win7. I tried running the downloader in various compatibility modes, but that didn't help.

Am I missing something simple here?

EDIT: Mystery solved! My downloaded file was corrupted. I downloaded a fresh copy and it installed without any problem.

Thanks!

-Joe

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 01. 2013 14:56

Nick [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 31, 2013 20:37 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
trying to install ver 3230 and get message files in use, some files are currently in use:

CyberLink CLQTKernelClient32 (Process Id: 8124)

asks me to either retry or ignore.
what is this file?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: trying to install ver 3230 and get message files in use, some files are currently in use:

CyberLink CLQTKernelClient32 (Process Id: 8124)

asks me to either retry or ignore.
what is this file?

It's a QuickTime linking executable. Shut down background running programs and don't run any programs while installing.
Dafydd
jaguar9801 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 04, 2014 15:11 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
If I download this patch, does it also all of the updates/patches available or do I have to download them one by one?
eastx [Avatar]
[Post New]
The latest PowerDirector 12 patch fixed the MPEG 4 issue I was having with 12 and 11. Wish they'd fix 11 up as well.