Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Color Director - Preset scene color is not deselected when you unselect this option.
Hssr2011 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 06, 2013 00:34 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I had a problem where the color, contrast and almost everything was set to something different from my original video clip. Any number of times, trying to figure out, what has happeend, seem to have failed. Then I recalled, that I visited ColorDirector under Fix/Enhance, to try to see how the preset looks. I did not like any, so finally unchecked everything and came out. But still the file in the timeline had these presets attached. So there is a way t oreproduce this issue. Select a video clip. Go to Fix\Enhance ->Color Director (Left most bottom Tab in PD12). Click on the presets, then make sure to uncheck everything. Now the video clip looks normal. Now go to Create Disc and try the preview. you will still see the the last preset selected. Now come back to Edit, you Video Clip is reverted to one of the preset. I put a supprot ticket to support, and they came back saying there is no bug.

Untimately for my project there was no other way, other than deleting this video clip and adding a new one. HSSR
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi HSSR -

I can confirm exactly what you've found.

1. Select clip > Fix/Enhance > ColorDirector > Color Effect
2. Apply preset then uncheck Color Effect
3. Go to Create Disc > Apply menu > Preview (choice of menu is irrelevant)
- Color Effect applied in Menu Preview
4. Return to Edit mode - i (effect applied icon) appears on clip.

Moreover, the effect is not just applied in the menu preview but in the burnt disc/folder.

To assert that this is not a "bug" would indicate less-than-thorough testing. If effects stay stuck after they're unapplied, that's a serious problem, whether it's a "bug" or not.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Hssr2011 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 06, 2013 00:34 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry Ynotfish. I could not reply any earlier. Your steps are correct.

After step 2, once you uncheck, color director, the i (effect applied icon) is gone. So you think everything is OK. But after you go to Create Disc and come back, you see the - i again. It comes out the same way, even after you burn to disc. I definitely think it is a bug. To me if the rendered video contains this affect or not, is not important, but the very fact the -i is coming back, that itself is more than sufficient to prove there is a bug.

Other workaround I tried are,
1) After unchecking CD, save the project, do to create disc and come back.
2) After unchecking CD, save the project, close PD12, open PD12 and the project. Now no need to go into create disc, - i is already there.

Both did not work.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 13. 2013 07:42

HSSR
wjr002 [Avatar]
Member Location: Kingscliff, Australia Joined: Jun 29, 2011 20:22 Messages: 117 Offline
[Post New]
Can conform it too.
Undo gets rid of it but way too late to use that if you have applied something else after. PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.
Nicolas [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 10, 2014 18:47 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello there,
I'm quite pissed because I came out from a 8 hours render and had this color issue.
I have PowerDirector 12 and at some point in my editing I checked one ColorDirector preset and unchecked it.
Now my render is screwed.

I managed to remove the ColorDirector preset by cliking color correction for all my clips, but beware because when you reload your project, the wrong color preset is back.

Please fix that Cyberlink
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Yep I can also confirm this pain in the rear bug.

Everyone needs to file a Tech support ticket to CL outlining the above to get them to fix this.

I am copying pasting Tony's excellent summation and sending that it. Thanks Tony

Rob
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
[Post New]
I have a similar issue

Funny thing is that nobody seems to be able to reproduce this (so far).

Here my thread with project file and video showing the "problem"
Rob & Nicolas, can you try my project file and see if you can reproduce this ?
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/32530.page

Thanks
[Post New]
Same issue here, this is ridiculous. I have also tried numerous workarounds including going into the keyframe menu and removing all keyframes in an attempt to 'reset' the clip back to it's original state, and still no luck. The 'Color Effect' returns by simply closing PD12 and reopening it (after saving your 'fixed' file of course).

Like some of the others, I didn't discover this until I was well down the line, and if the only fix is to remove the buggy clip and replace it, wow, that's major surgery now on a very complicated project I have.

And as a sidebar, when I was trying to shuffle some clips during my trial and error, I also noticed my adjacent sound clip was shifting it's position on the timeline. Well.... I have that track "locked". I thought that meant nothing could cause it to move! Shaking my head...... Windows 10 64 Bit
ASUS Z87 Pro MB BIOS 2103
i7-4770K Haswell OC'd to 4.3Ghz
16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR 1600Mhz
EVGA Geforce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5 v368.22
Samsung SSD 840 Pro 256 GB (Rapid Mode)
Power Director 14 Ultimate 64 Bit
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dryslot -

The issue appears to be resolved with Beta patch 2915 - haven't installed the latest beta patch yet. Agreed, though - it wasn't fixed with the official patch 2726.

You'd expect the next official patch release to include the fix.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Hi Tony,

Thanks very much for the scoop, very relieved to hear Cyberlink is aware and on the case!

Eric Windows 10 64 Bit
ASUS Z87 Pro MB BIOS 2103
i7-4770K Haswell OC'd to 4.3Ghz
16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR 1600Mhz
EVGA Geforce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5 v368.22
Samsung SSD 840 Pro 256 GB (Rapid Mode)
Power Director 14 Ultimate 64 Bit