Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
memory access
SilverAlfa [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 30, 2008 05:55 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Guys, I'm beggining to seriously question the quality of the Cyberlink technical support. I would like to share with you my last experience.

I have Vista Business 32b on my system with 8GB RAM installed. I know that Vista Business doesn't "see" more than 4 GB RAM. However, I heard that it is possible that Cyberlink applications access directly the RAM (irrespective of the operating system) and thus being able to "see" the whole 8 GB.

I wanted to check this with the technical support.

Here is my question :
"Hi !
I have Windows Vista Business 32bit on my system. This Windows version "sees" only 4GB RAM. However, I have 8 GB installed on my system.
Is it true that Power Director 7 accesses the memory directly, and thus can "see" all the 8 GB RAM ?"

This is their first answer :
"Dear Matei, Thank you for contacting CyberLink Online Support.
We understand your concern related with memory.

With regards to your issue, we recommend at least 15 GB of free space available on hard drive where software is installed to avoid any issue.
"

As you see, totally off topic !

My first reply
"I was speciffically talking about RAM, NOT hard disk space ! "

Answer
"Dear Matei,
Thank you for contacting CyberLink Online Support.

With regards to your issue, please contact your computer vendor to know the status.

We deeply regret for the inconvenience.
"

My second reply :
"Guys, I'm asking if PD7, YOUR product, knows to access directly the RAM, without using Windows for that. How could the computer vendor know this ? "

Answer :

"Thank you for contacting CyberLink Online Support.

With regards to your issue, please note that while installation it do not take any space from RAM also it takes space from ROM. Also note that whenever you will try to use this software then for buffering it will take some memory.

We deeply regret for the inconvenience.
"

"the installation takes space from ROM" ????

It's clear that I won't get the answer to my question ... but on which planet are these guys living ?
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Can you speak their language as well as they speak yours, if so, contact them in Taiwanese, then you may get the correct response to your question

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
SilverAlfa [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 30, 2008 05:55 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]