Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDR12.EXE Has Stopped Working Error - please help!
Morgana [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 05, 2013 03:58 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
So frustrating! Worked fine this morning, I closed the program to work on something else, went back into it and now it won't work and I get the error "PDR12.EXE Has Stopped Working".

I was sitting at my desk in between trying to use it. My computer was not changed in any way at all.

I tried a complete install [I purchased discs when I bought the program]. Made no difference.
I downloaded and installed the patch. Made no difference.

Nothing I do makes any difference at all! Please help. I rely on this program for my business, and without can't work on anything.

All help greatly appreciated.
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 05. 2013 11:13

Morgana [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes - as I stated above, I downloaded and installed the patch. Made no difference whatsoever.

I still receive the same error message when I try to run the program.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Yes - as I stated above, I downloaded and installed the patch. Made no difference whatsoever.

I still receive the same error message when I try to run the program.

Are there any numbers associated with the error message?

Do you have a registry cleaner running in the background - either standalone or as part of another program? Registry cleaners often cause more problems than they are worth. What antivirus are you using?

I hope you have Windows Restore set up. If so, do the Restore to an earlier time and select the one just before you had the issue. It may have to be a day or so ago. Don't worry, under normal circumstances you files will not be changed.

Once you are up and running and have a chance, do full maintenance on your computer - get rid of junk and temporary files, delete program you will never use and do a thorough defrag and optimize. Do the first two and then set up the defrag to run overnight
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
Quote: So frustrating! Worked fine this morning, I closed the program to work on something else, went back into it and now it won't work and I get the error "PDR12.EXE Has Stopped Working".

I was sitting at my desk in between trying to use it. My computer was not changed in any way at all.

I tried a complete install [I purchased discs when I bought the program]. Made no difference.

Nothing I do makes any difference at all! Please help. I rely on this program for my business, and without can't work on anything.

Here also it happened, I created a DVD, closed PD12, hours later, PD12 does not open anymore, I do all I knew, the windows restore failed.
I posted this in another post.
Note the message your case can be another.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30154.page

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 05. 2013 10:25

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Morgana [Avatar]
[Post New]
Stevek: There no numbers associated with the error message

I do not have a registry cleaner running in the background - either standalone or as part of another program

I do not have a windows restore set up.

I completely uninstalled all Cyperlink products and removed all refs in my reg file. I then did a clean reinstall from scratch.

Made absolutely no difference. I still get the same error message.

playsound: thanks for the link however my quick time is up to date. Given that the program would not work less than an hour after I logged out of it, I do no think it is my video driver. However it is the same error message as displayed in your link.

I can not go back to Version 11. I have over 20 files from version 12 which are not compatible with version 11 [I tried]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 06. 2013 01:05

garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Morgana:

Sorry to hear of your issue. Please attach a dxdiag file so that we can have a look at your computer configuration to see if anything obvious might show up and we can help you resolve your issue.

My GUESS right now is that your computer might be running low on resources, particularly HD free space or RAM. There are so many other possible causes that all we can do is guess until we can view your dxdiag file. Instructions on how to create and attach a dxdiag file are in a sticky thread at the beginning of the Forum. No personal information is included in the dxdiag file.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
Morgana [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Phil,

Am I looking for the instructions at the beginning of the Power Director Forum or the overall Cyperlink forum? I'm having trouble finding it.

Will attach a dxdiag file as soon as find the instructions.

In the meantime I have over 310GB space free on my hard drive, and did not start up any other program between shutting it down and trying to run it again.

Appreciate the help
Morgana
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Morgana,
For the diagnostic guide, look for Part B: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29701.page

I will chase up this issue further. Please make sure you have reported the problem to online customer support.

Forum Moderator
Morgana [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Morgana,
For the diagnostic guide, look for Part B: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29701.page

I will chase up this issue further. Please make sure you have reported the problem to online customer support.

Forum Moderator

Hi Dafydd

Thank you, muchly appreciated - file attached.

I reported it problem to online customer support four days ago - hopefully will hear from them soon.

Morgana
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
42 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
327 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Hi Morgana,

Forum Moderator

Hi Dafydd

Thank you, muchly appreciated - file attached.

I reported it problem to online customer support four days ago - hopefully will hear from them soon.

Morgana

Hi Morgana,
Thank you for the diagnostic file. I have noticed your graphic card drivers are quite out of date " Driver Date/Size: 4/20/2011 03:07:48, 795648 bytes". Please update the ATI drivers and retest PDR12.
Dafydd
Morgana [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd

ATI drive updated. Unfortunately no change.

Morgana

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 09. 2013 05:44

Harry Maes [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 25, 2013 04:38 Messages: 48 Offline
[Post New]
I have crashes too and these often occur:

- when double clicking a video to open the edit window.
- when there are more then 2 video's active in the timeline and I have my setting to preview HD or Full HD

I think this has something to do with the speed of the harddisk(s) where PD12 can't read quick enough? What are your experiences and opinions about that?

When my 2TB drive was new and didn't contain as much data as it does now it was (probably) quicker and I didn't have any crashes. I have a GTX660 and this improved the stability a lot too but currently I again get frequent crashes. Note that this was happening in PD11 also.

Concrete questions:

1. What typeof harddisk will really improve the speed of PD12? SSD to store the video's? I use an SSD for my boot/win7 drive.
2. How about a strategy with multiple drives? With music production I use 3 for instance: 1 for program files, one for project files and one for more static files like samples. Would that be a way to speed up/stabilize things?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 09. 2013 06:01

Morgana [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry no idea - completely different problem to mine.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 09. 2013 06:04

vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Online
[Post New]
Given that it was running OK and now, despite re-installing, it stops, points to something changing elsewhere.

It might be useful to see if PD operates OK in Safe Mode, which would indicate that the basics are running all right and that a conflict is occurring later in the boot/loading processes which might then be isolated by running selected processes during start up.

Worth a try???

Cheers
Adrian

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
[Post New]
Quote: So frustrating! Worked fine this morning, I closed the program to work on something else, went back into it and now it won't work and I get the error "PDR12.EXE Has Stopped Working".

This method worked for me, but I think my PC is buggy OS.
If you want to try.
Open explorer, C: \ Program Files \ CyberLink \ PowerDirector12,
Click with the right mouse button on PDR12.exe,
In the window that opens, Compatibility / Privilege Level,
Change Settings .... / Enable the Run this program as administrator

See the picture
[Thumb - pd12admin.jpg]
 Filename
pd12admin.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
240 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
537 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 09. 2013 12:34

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Morgana [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Adrian

Apologies for the delay in replying. No sadly does not run in safe mode.

regards
Morgana
Geebob69 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 09, 2008 16:30 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Ok..trying to do two things at one time doesnt work for an old man

please delete post
 Filename
bob01.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
38 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
222 time(s)
[Thumb - cyberlink02.jpg]
 Filename
cyberlink02.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
204 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
111 time(s)
 Filename
bob2.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
30 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
232 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 27. 2015 13:32

John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 28, 2015 11:48 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
My Easy Fix:

Got the same message as title on the string...

I have Windows 7.

I have Cyberlink PD 12 purchased and installed.

Note: No guarantees it will work for your problem.

Start by:

Click Windows Start Button.

Click on All Programs folder.

Scroll to and click Cyberlink Director 12 folder.

Right click PD12 icon.

Right Click "Troubleshoot Compatibility"

Click "Try recommended settings"

- computer cranks away to search for problem -

States something like "Found Problem" then directs you to start PD12.

If PD12 opens and does not shut down after a couple minutes.

Click the button called something like "Problem Fixed"

I ran PD12 for a couple minutes....started new project, added content and saved movies etc.. - I assume it works now. Before PD12 would close and send error message after only 3 or 5 seconds.

Just thought I would share. Hope if works for anyone frustrated out there like I was.