Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
timeline playback is horrible second time around with cyberlink, same as first!!
cmorebutz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 18, 2013 09:50 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
this is my second time using cyberlink and like the first it just doesn't play back smooth. I have a Pavilion corei5 on windows 7. I shoot my footage with a rebel canon ti2. Ive only edit about 15 seconds worth of footage and I cant play back smoothly. Is this the best cyberlink has if so im going back to adobe, this is hurting my video business bad!! rob
BMG7754 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 13, 2013 18:03 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same issue. I have upgraded my graphics card and it is still awful. I only really notice it after I adjust color or use any power tools. I will probably jump ship to Adobe this spring...
cmorebutz [Avatar]
[Post New]
exactly, what is the problem.. Can anybody help us.. The issues start once we use an effect, power tool, etc. The timeline play gets real crappy. My computer is strong enough to push anything its a Pavilion corei5 rob
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Attach a dxdiag.txt. Tell us about the source video you are using. What quality is your preview set to? __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
cmorebutz [Avatar]
[Post New]
my quality is set too the lowest...my footage comes from a canon rebel ti2...HD quality and what is (dxdiag.txt ) rob
cmorebutz [Avatar]
[Post New]
dxdiag 6.01.7601.1751464-bit unicode rob
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: exactly, what is the problem.. Can anybody help us.. The issues start once we use an effect, power tool, etc. The timeline play gets real crappy. My computer is strong enough to push anything its a Pavilion corei5

Choppy playback is usually due to lack of computing power.
Without submitting a dxdiag file (to analyze the innards of your computer), we cannot do anything but guess.
Oh, I can assure you an i5 is not strong enough to "push anything". Strong, YES, push anything? NO!
The instructions for a dxdiag can be found here...
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29701.page
I have a 1st generation i7 laptop with a low-end 1GB video card. If I want to use HD video at high bitrates, AND I want to add enhancements/FX/multiple timelines, I, too, get choppy playback. I have to be patient when I edit.
To cure this I have just purchased an 4th Gen i7 desktop with a 1.5GB GTX660. Now THAT should push anything, we'll see!!!
So, submit/attach your dxdiag and we'll have a look at it. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
cmorebutz [Avatar]
[Post New]
This is the text that you asked for.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag
 Filesize
39 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
349 time(s)
rob
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Look up my post http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30140.page#165092

Looking at your diagnostic, some of my assumptions in my earlier reply are correct.

Screenshot/snapshot? That would help a lot and members could guide you further.

Dafydd