Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Theme Designer -disappointment
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I purchased PD12 Ultimate (not the suite) and was escited to see the 'Theme Designer' but soon got disappointed with it.
The reason being is that from the name you would think you could design a 'Theme' but NO the only thing you can do is modify exiting templates and even that is crippled! I may be missing something but after a few days of trying can't create a theme!!!
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry folks I have deleted my post. I couldn't edit/replace the image used for starters.
Dafydd
[Post New]
I am disappointed too. Not sure, what got Cyberlink exactly one year to implement, but I find the UI pretty much desintegrated. So we have got Magic-xy stuff wizards, we got Slideshows, and in completly different part of the app, we got Theme designer. Not sure who is responsible for making that "puzzle" button, but the person was apparently not sane enought to realise, that we are introducing yet another aproach to do the similar stuff.

Cyberling should really get their act together and stop that dumbed down plug-in like integrations, where you can't tweak damn a bit about it. Like mixing Slideshow with zero ability to influence target length of the clip, not to mention proper decompose of effects to the timeline.

The last straw was, when I lost my BlueFX effects I bought witht he PD11. If this nonsense does not get adressed, not sure I will apply for any future updates ...
wjr002 [Avatar]
Member Location: Kingscliff, Australia Joined: Jun 29, 2011 20:22 Messages: 117 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:

The last straw was, when I lost my BlueFX effects I bought witht he PD11. If this nonsense does not get adressed, not sure I will apply for any future updates ...

There's a thread on BlueFX Mess (or similarly named). Check it out!
I got back my old effects from PD11 with it totally uninstalled and there are some updates for other effects that seem to work. PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.