Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Easier way to select region for producing a range???
[Post New]
OK...this probably borders on getting greedy, but...

I know you can drag the thing-a-ma-jiggy (not sure what it is called) from the beginning of a clip to the end of it in order to produce just that clip - because it is one of the main reasons that I upgraded from PD11 to PD12. In a competitor's program you can double-click on a clip and it selects it for this same purpose. Looking at the right mouse click context menu and at the keyboard shortcuts, I don't see a way of doing that in PowerDirector. Am I right? (Every keystroke and mouse click saved helps when I'm pulling out individual plays within 28 different 9-inning baseball game).
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
The orange arrows on each side of the scrubber are called Range finder. See "Q" in the image.

In PD 12 you can produce the area under the range selection without starting a new project as we did it previous Powerdirector Versions.

I find it is a great improvement to be able to produce just that selection.

[Thumb - Workspace.PNG]
 Filename
Workspace.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
PD 12 Workspace.
 Filesize
436 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
695 time(s)

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Sep 27. 2013 21:11

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Thanks, Carl...the visual glossary is greatly appreciated. I agree that producing an area under the selected range is a great improvement; as I noted, it was a big reason for me moving from PD11 to PD12. I'm just suggesting that it could be made even better by allowing the section to be selected by double-clicking on it rather than having to grab and drag the range finder to the end of the clip. On a smaller monitor (laptop) the scrubber is sort of in the way and makes it a bit more tedious to grab that range finder.

Don't get me wrong; I concede that there are likely bigger fish to fry than this suggested enhancement - but figured it was worth noting just the same.

Thanks again for the image to help me with the workspace terminology.

Ralph
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks, Carl...the visual glossary is greatly appreciated. I agree that producing an area under the selected range is a great improvement; as I noted, it was a big reason for me moving from PD11 to PD12. I'm just suggesting that it could be made even better by allowing the section to be selected by double-clicking on it rather than having to grab and drag the range finder to the end of the clip. On a smaller monitor (laptop) the scrubber is sort of in the way and makes it a bit more tedious to grab that range finder.

Don't get me wrong; I concede that there are likely bigger fish to fry than this suggested enhancement - but figured it was worth noting just the same.

Thanks again for the image to help me with the workspace terminology.

Ralph

How would PD know what to produce if you did not have some method of selecting the area?

That Workspace is in the Powerdirector Help system. Open Help (?), search for 'workspace'.
It is much easier to read in the PD help.

What I posted was a reduced image of the help page.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 28. 2013 10:46

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

wjr002 [Avatar]
Member Location: Kingscliff, Australia Joined: Jun 29, 2011 20:22 Messages: 117 Offline
[Post New]
This is a cool feature. I didn't know it existed. Thanks! PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.