Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sharpen PIP only?
Harry Maes [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 25, 2013 04:38 Messages: 48 Offline
[Post New]
I have multiple video's in my timeline playing simultaneously where a detail video is showing smaller (resized) in the top right. I use a mask to hide the aspects I don't want to show. My client asked me if I can show a part of the detail video zoomed in as another video showing in the bottom right which is not that hard. I noticed that when zooming in via power tools that the image becomes blurry and should be a little sharper.

So can I apply the NewBlueFX sharpen to the PIP in the bottom right only?

I can also create a new project with the detail video zoomed in only and apply the sharpening in there and then add these videos back into the project which might be quicker?
Kevinv64 [Avatar]
Member Location: Upper Midwest Joined: Jun 28, 2012 05:41 Messages: 106 Offline
[Post New]
Have you tried placing Sharpen directly onto that image in the track? I just tried it quickly with a simple picture in picture (where I was already using NewBlue's picture in picture effect), and it worked.
Harry Maes [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have PD12 Ultra which doesn't include NB PIP effect if I'm correct? I already fixed it by removing all the elements instead of the PIP from the project, adding the NB Sharpen and producing a video which I imported back into the original project.
Kevinv64 [Avatar]
[Post New]
NewBlue's PIP wasn't necessary in what I was describing. I mentioned it so that you'd know you could put Sharpen on a clip that already had an effect, such as if you were using that PIP.

Did you ever try simply applying Sharpen onto the track in question? I'm kind of curious if that would have helped.
Harry Maes [Avatar]
[Post New]
I can indeed drag the NB sharpen onto the video track. I don't see however how I can change the amount then?
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Try double clicking on the NB effect or else select it then click the "Modify" tab located on top of the timeline.

That is, if you have the NB effect below your video, on the Fx track.

Rob

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 26. 2013 18:41

PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
Harry Maes [Avatar]
[Post New]
Rob,

AFAIK this only works when dropping the NB sharpen on the Fx track. When dropping the NB sharpen on a video track I can't find how to change if afterwards? What I did see that there was a green line added to the video. It mentioned opacity so that's why I thought it was just the normal line for applying fades.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 27. 2013 01:44

Kevinv64 [Avatar]
[Post New]
After putting Sharpen onto the video track (and with that track highlighted), look at the menu choices right above the timeline and select Effect. You can sharpen it there, and there are also some presets in the lower left.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 27. 2013 05:45

Harry Maes [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: After putting Sharpen onto the video track (and with that track highlighted), look at the menu choices right above the timeline and select Effect. You can sharpen it there, and there are also some presets in the lower left.

Great, yes that helps. Thanks Kevin!
Kevinv64 [Avatar]
[Post New]
No problem. While NBFX Essentials are compatible with PowerDirector, it would help if they would make it clear that some of them should be placed directly onto video rather than the fx track.
Harry Maes [Avatar]
[Post New]
Indeed, not sure if this is covered in the manual?