Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Burning unsuccessful. Error code: eEB19178D
TimboGee [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 09, 2013 02:32 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I have a problem with PowerDirector 12 running under Windows 8. I followed the thread "PDR12.EXE Has Stopped Working Error" and posted my problem with the application crashing. I downloaded the patch and installed it. The program runs but still crashes very annoyingly after burning one disk. I am getting, "Burning unsuccessful. Error code: eEB19178D"

The only resolution is to reboot, and restart the disk mastering process. I need to burn a half dozen disks of 8 different videos and this isn't working.

Anyone know what the error code translates to?

Windows 8, 64bit, PowerDirector Ultimate 12.0.2109.0, Intel I7 processor, 16gb ram, 1 month old HP ENVY laptop with blue ray burner.

Tim
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I have a problem with PowerDirector 12 running under Windows 8. I followed the thread "PDR12.EXE Has Stopped Working Error" and posted my problem with the application crashing. I downloaded the patch and installed it. The program runs but still crashes very annoyingly after burning one disk. I am getting, "Burning unsuccessful. Error code: eEB19178D"

The only resolution is to reboot, and restart the disk mastering process. I need to burn a half dozen disks of 8 different videos and this isn't working.

Anyone know what the error code translates to?

Windows 8, 64bit, PowerDirector Ultimate 12.0.2109.0, Intel I7 processor, 16gb ram, 1 month old HP ENVY laptop with blue ray burner.

Tim

Thanks for posting your issue TimboGee. I will try and find out what the error code specifically relates to. In the meantime, please provide a diagnostic file of your computer.
See Part B in the guiide: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29701.page
Dafydd
TimboGee [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dxdiag.txt file attached.

Thanks,
Tim
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
86 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
409 time(s)
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tim,

I don't see much terribly wrong with your computer. Make sure you do regular maintenance on it especially cleaning the hard drive of junk files and defragging it frequently. Make sure it is up to date. Since it is a laptop, check HP to see if there are any updates that should be installed.

Have you tried burning the project to a folder? If you can make the folder, you can use something like the free IsoBurn to burn the folder to a disc.

If the program crashes while making the folder, then there may be something in your project that the program can't handle.

I recently tried a high definition project and selected to make a folder and burn to a disc at the same time. The folder was made properly but the disc could not be read. I used a different program to burn the folder to a disc.

Let us know if the folder set works.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sep 24. 2013 07:46

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
TimboGee [Avatar]
[Post New]
My laptop is 3 weeks old. The hard drive is nearly empty. I think that it is interesting that PowerDirector works fine if I burn one blue ray disk at a time. If I ask for two disks, when I put in the second disk, I get the error. It seems to me it is a problem with the way the software queues up the job for a second burn. The other interesting thing is that it is only when I burn blue ray disks. Standard DVDs can be burned in batches.

I am convinced it is a bug.

Tim
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: My laptop is 3 weeks old. The hard drive is nearly empty. I think that it is interesting that PowerDirector works fine if I burn one blue ray disk at a time. If I ask for two disks, when I put in the second disk, I get the error. It seems to me it is a problem with the way the software queues up the job for a second burn. The other interesting thing is that it is only when I burn blue ray disks. Standard DVDs can be burned in batches.

I am convinced it is a bug.

Tim

Hi Tim,
I'm not arguing with your assumption. I think a number of issues are to do with the installer (*the program, not the individual. Thought I'd better make that clear).
Dafydd

* added this bit

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 25. 2013 04:05

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Tim, Did you try making the the folder set and then burning that to blu ray discs? Once you make the folder set, you do not have to re-encode to burn as many discs as you want.

I'm sure that Dafydd will tell Cyberlink about the error (bug). My suggestions are aimed to work around that bug so that you can burn those discs. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
TimboGee [Avatar]
[Post New]
I will try to burn to a folder with this weekends videos. Thanks for the work around.

Tim