Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 12 wil not use Intel Quick Sync
Elton859 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 21, 2013 16:16 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi everybody and thanks in advance for any help.

Can not get PD 12 or PD 11 to use Intel Quick Sync.
No rendering speed increase weather its enabled or disabled.

1. input files are MPG2 VOB files ripped from DVD made from set top box HDD DVD recorder
2. rendering output to MPG2.
3. Using PD 12 to clean up poor video quality. Using video de noise set to 100, Audio de noise stationary set to 50 and color enhance vibrancy set to 35. Quality of rendered video is fabulous.
4. a 10 min split clip takes 5 min 11 seconds to render with or without hardware decoding enabled.
5. I also use Handbreak to render a final h264 encode. It uses Intel Quick Sync with no issues. I get over 800+ frames a second average. a 90 minute video takes a little less than 4 min to encode.
6. Please any suggestions?
7 Below is computer and Power Director info.

Power Director 12 Ultra 12.0.2109.0
SR VDE130822-02
 Filename
Elton 64DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
47 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
312 time(s)
 Filename
Elton DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
26 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
350 time(s)
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
As far as I am aware of Intel quick sync only works on SATA drives...I have 3 Drives installed in my system and quick sync only is active on two...both SATA drives, but I am not a computer guru.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Elton859 [Avatar]
[Post New]
All drives are SATAIII 7200RPM WD Caviar Black
OS C Drive is Intel SATAIII SSD
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Have you tried rendering to another format besides MPEG2 that supports the Intel Quicksync hardware acceleration ?
Do you see any speed increases when enabled or disabled using that same 10 min clip?

(It might just be that your video clip does has no need for hardware acceleration so you won't see any speed increase with Intel Quicksync.)

Rob
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
kingsmeadow
Senior Member Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Dec 06, 2011 11:52 Messages: 179 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi everybody and thanks in advance for any help.

Can not get PD 12 or PD 11 to use Intel Quick Sync.
No rendering speed increase weather its enabled or disabled.

Power Director 12 Ultra 12.0.2109.0
SR VDE130822-02

I have PD12 and I can confirm that Quick Sync does indeed work and very well too. In order to get it working on my system I have to have Lucidlogix Virtu MVP installed and active. Intel Core i7 3770K 3.6 Ghz,
GTX 680, 2 X Benq23 3D monitors,
6G DDR3, Win 7 64, Win 10 (Insider) 64
PCIE SSD, Intel Sata SSD 2 500 Gbyte Seagate,
Minoru 3D WebCam, NVIDIA 3D Vision-Ready
Elton859 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks so much for your response.
Thought maybe you connected the dots for me.
I do not have 2 display adapters installed and MVP will not launch without the on board graphics and a dedicated graphics card installed and enabled.
Thought maybe it was the LogMein Mirror driver installed that was causing the problem, so I uninstalled that. Still no go.

I just can't get my hands around why Handbreak will use Quicksync but Power Director will not.
RobAC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Check this link if you have not already seen it, regarding SVRT and what cards support what format. (This is for PD 11, but should be similar to PD 12.)

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29236.page

Have you already tried a different output format such as MPEG-4 or MKV to test the Intel Quicksync output results?

Also you are comparing apples to oranges- Handbrake is a video trans-coding /conversion / compression program. So if you are having issues with Power Director it could be something entirely different with your install etc. No relevance to the workings of another program.

There is no way to know until you do other tests to narrow things down.

R
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
Elton859 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks RobAC for your thoughts.

Yes I have tried rendering to mp4, mkv, avc.
Also have tried using mp4 as input file still no speed increase.

I have run many test with different file formats.
No matter what there is never any increase in encoding speed with Quick Sync enabled compared to software encoding only.

I have also reinstalled Power Director, Tried almost every version Intel Graphics Driver. The only thing I haven't tried is reloading Windows

Correct me if I wrong but isn't Power Director also a "video trans-coding /conversion / compression program"
It just has more editing features than Handbreak and more final encoding formats

SVRT Has nothing to do with Intel Quick Sync.
SVRT only works if you don't change file format, bit rate or make any enhancements, basically simple cuts are about it.
RobAC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Have you used a process explorer to see what your system is doing when rendering? Is the CPU doing all the work and not taxing the GPU?

My thinking is that just because a program such as Handbrake uses a feature of your hardware it does not automatically fall to reason that a different program, in this case, PD can do the same if there are issues going on.

Here is the relevant information from that link I was referring to:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Not all video clips and formats can use the Fast Video Rendering Technology !*
It also depends on your installed Graphics Card in your computer see below:
----------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­---------
For Intel the following is currently supported:
MPEG-2
AVC H.264
MPEG-4
MKV

So you just verified you can select all these and render / Produce but see no speed increase.
Unless anyone else has any insights you might want to contact Cyberlink Tech support and ask about this.

Rob