Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
VST's do not update waveform
PDuser97031 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Aug 08, 2009 23:44 Messages: 91 Offline
[Post New]
The following ticket has be opened with support...

•Ticket ID: CS001295508
•Related Product: AudioDirector version 4.0.3208.0
Subject: VST's not working
2013/09/21 11:36

When using VST's that work fine in WaveEditor, the VST dialog appears and seems to work fine, however the waveform is not updated to reflect the change. If I do a ctrl-Z to undo the change, and then do a ctrl-Y to redo the change, the waveform is updated.
[Post New]
Hello PDuser97031,

I haven't found that to be the case here. Audio files with VST plug-ins applied are imported into ADR and the difference in wave form is immediately obvious.

I'm surprised that undoing and redoing fixed the waveform display! Did you apply the VST plug in in Wave Editor or AudioDirector? In any case, here, the waveform changes instantly.

Perhaps your question isn't about AudioDirector at all

PIX PIX YouTube channel
PDuser97031 [Avatar]
[Post New]
This issue occurs whether from within PowerDirector, or standalone. WaveEditor will show on the waveform display that the VST has made the change. AudioDirector does not show the change on the waveform display. But it's as if the VST worked, but the program did not update the waveform display, because if I undo/redo the waveform is updated correctly.
[Post New]
Ah - thank you,

Now I understand. I thought you were applying the VST effect in WaveEditor then importing into ADR.

You're absolutely right! In AudioDirector the waveform doesn't update/change/refresh when ANY effects are applied (not just VST), yet when parts of "Adjust Audio" is used, the waveform is modified.

Using your idea of undoing and redoing seems to make no difference here. After effects are applied (even though it sounds different) the waveform stays the same.

And yet, if the clip with the effect applied is produced, the waveform is different from the original & reflect the edit.

I'll refer this to the tech staff at CL. I agree that a user should expect that the waveform reflects the edits made. Thank you for raising the issue.

PIX

[Thumb - Effect-Waveform.jpg]
 Filename
Effect-Waveform.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
110 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
353 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 23. 2013 16:48

PIX YouTube channel
PDuser97031 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for confirming I already submitted the trouble ticket at the top of this thread. Further testing reveals that it is VST related. Some VST's do not update/refresh the waveform after doing their dirty work, and some VST's do. Yet all DO in WaveEdit, the subset of AudioDirector that comes with PowerDirector. It's probably how the VST returns to the main program. WaveEdit always refreshes, so CyberLink can check the working code there.

p.s. I'm having trouble getting support to understand the problem, so if you could reinforce it that would be good.

THANKS!
PDuser97031 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Support wanted DXDIAG, S/N, Failing VST, and Snapshot of error message.

•Ticket ID: CS001295508
•Related Product: AudioDirector
Subject: VST's not working
2013/09/24 11:53

See attachments. My serial number is xxx. This problem has been confirmed by the cyberlink forum administrator -- see http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30001.page
One of the VST's with the problem is DVS Leveling Amp at http://www.dreamvortex.co.uk/effects/. There is no error message -- it's incorrect output.

Attachments: CS001295508-1380048899552-0.txt, CS001295508-1380048900755-2.PNG