Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDR12.EXE Has Stopped Working Error - Still Exists
dan_public123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 21, 2013 00:45 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
I downloaded and installed the latest patch, but it does not resolve the error. Immediately after clicking "CyberLink PowerDirector 12" to start PD 12, the "PDR12.EXE Has Stopped Working" error dialog pops up.

I will log the bug with CyberLink when I get some time. Director Suite with PD11
PC: Win7/64, 32Gb memory, SSD sys disk, Raid 5 data disk, Raid 0 production disk.
jane [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 18, 2013 17:58 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have this same issue have u fixed it yet ?
dan_public123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 21, 2013 00:45 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
Jane,

This isn't fixed yet for me. I suspect that there are multiple, unhandled issues and this is just a global, "It's broke!" message. I do the same in my code. It will probably take a while to fix this.

Edit: I logged a bug - "CS001294831"

Regards,

Dan.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 18. 2013 22:44

Director Suite with PD11
PC: Win7/64, 32Gb memory, SSD sys disk, Raid 5 data disk, Raid 0 production disk.
jane [Avatar]
[Post New]
Its terribly frustrating I used pd 11 daily and now I feel lost without my hobby.. I've tried all un installin and the patch.. Looked in forums to see many have this problem.. I just looked in support tickets and I cant even find my ticket.. my old tickets still there though.. Im extremely annoyed after paying so much over the years to receive a beta upgrade..
Im going to have to re installed PD 11 but I need to pay another 5.95 to get extended download of that.. DISGRACEFUL..
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]

Quote: Im going to have to re installed PD 11 but I need to pay another 5.95 to get extended download of that.. DISGRACEFUL..

I do not understand why a simple task of making a backup of the Downloaded files for a paid program is something that so few people do.

It is so easy and cheap insurance if you burn a DVD of the downloaded files and the confirmation email with the CD Key.

The price of a DVD+R disk is as little as about $0.40 USD. For that 40 cents you have a forever backup of your original files.

Put that DVD in a safe place where it can be found when needed.
I usually burn two disks for safety.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 19. 2013 11:01

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Jane:

I concur with Carl about the importance of retaining your installation files. My strategy is somewhat different than his, since I find burning DVDs to be so slow. I have a second internal hard drive, on which, among other things I store all of my installation files and patches. Further, once I have installed a program, I move the installation files to the root program directory, in this case: C:\Program Files\Cyberlink.

I have a weekly system partitions backup strategy to back up my primary drive C:\ to both the internal secondary data drive and I copy that backup also to an external 3 TB WD Caviar drive. I always keep the most recent three consecutive backups in case the latest backup is "contaminated" because of undetected malware. This means my installation files are in eight places, so unless my house burns down one can always execute or restore/execute the installation files. Doesn't even cost me $0.40 US for a DVD.

If you have ever had to re-install your OS and all of your software because of a hard drive failure/infection, you will be, I am sure, convinced of the wisdom of regular partition backups. With all of the software on my computer, it would take me weeks to install and configure everything. I did have one of the RAID0 drives (Drive C:\) start to flake out just after I got my current computer. I got a replacement drive from the manufacturer, swapped out the defective drive for a new one, booted off of my recovery DVD, and in 90 minutes was back in business, all software installed. By the way, I don't use Windows Backup, but that free product is better than not having a backup at all.

Of course if you have projects on the go, all of your media and project files are also backed up, so the most that can be lost is what you did since your last partitions backup.

Sorry to hear about your issues with PD12. I have not had any problems yet of which I am aware with it. I hope that your problems are resolved soon to your satisfaction. Sorry to wander a bit off topic, Moderator ...

Submitted for what it's worth. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
jane [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well Im not as organised as you guys and my videos are just a film hobby of my childrens childhood memories..
What I find disgraceful is i paid alot of money for a program that asked me to un install PD 11 and then failed to work after 5 days.. Support isnt forth coming unless I pay 29.95 to get premium attention.. Just isnt what I'd expect for what I paid..
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Well Im not as organised as you guys and my videos are just a film hobby of my childrens childhood memories..
What I find disgraceful is i paid alot of money for a program that asked me to un install PD 11 and then failed to work after 5 days.. Support isnt forth coming unless I pay 29.95 to get premium attention.. Just isnt what I'd expect for what I paid..

I do not know if you have been asked for the information on this forum.

If you will tell us about your problem(s) and post some information for us to look at, we may be able to help you.
Most of us in the forum have good results using Powerdirector 11 and Powerdirector 12.

Part A and Part B. Read Parts D, E and F.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29701.page

We are not support, we do have experience using Powerdirector. We know what works and what does not work.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 19. 2013 21:07

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jane,

How one is organized, or rather; keep the PC organized, differs.
One factor is time, the time you have available to spend in front of the computer.
I think the quickest way to backup downloaded programs is to get the file(s) to
the burner right away. That way one has the original downloaded files at hand.

There may be a number of things causing PDR12 .exe’s melt-down, I’m afraid.
It may be just one thing.
That’s why you are asked to give some info on your computer.

Nina

Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
I have to put my hand up and admit that I don't actively back up my installation files although I do keep fairly regular full images of my hard drive (which includes all the partitions). My install files are all in my downloads directory C:/Users/Username/Downloads which is where things go by default when I download anything.

I use Waterfox (64 bit version of Firefox) and I'm not sure if all browsers are the same in this behaviour but it's worth a look around your hard drive to see if the files are there.

p.s. - still on PD11 and watching this forum to see if there's any reason to upgrade

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 20. 2013 03:59

Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: I have to put my hand up and admit that I don't actively back up my installation files although I do keep fairly regular full images of my hard drive (which includes all the partitions). My install files are all in my downloads directory C:/Users/Username/Downloads which is where things go by default when I download anything.

With your backup program can you extract individual folder/files?

I have a program that makes images of the Hard drive partitions, but I only image the C and boot drive.
I use that image to restore the computer in case of an infection or bad computer crash.

I use another program to backup the data, which does backup the other partitions (not an image, just real files).
I backup the C image to an internal drive and the data to external drives.

I try to never put data on the C drive only OS and Programs.

Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: With your backup program can you extract individual folder/files?

Yes - although I've never had to test it for real.

I used to change default locations and names but I find it so much easier to just let the OS and applications do their own thing and then I don't have to remember what my changes have been (having got to a stage in life where I can remember years back but not minutes/hours or days). My C: currently has about 700GB free space so that's not an issue for me really.

I hadn't previously checked but prompted by the OP I had a look in my system and all my install files are there.
TimboGee [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 09, 2013 02:32 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I have a problem with PowerDirector 12 running under Windows 8. I followed the thread "PDR12.EXE Has Stopped Working Error" and posted my problem with the application crashing. I downloaded the patch and installed it. The program runs but still crashes very annoyingly after burning one disk. I am getting, "Burning unsuccessful. Error code: eEB19178D"

The only resolution is to reboot, and restart the disk mastering process. I need to burn a half dozen disks of 8 different videos and this isn't working.

Anyone know what the error code translates to?

Windows 8, 64bit, PowerDirector Ultimate 12.0.2109.0, Intel I7 processor, 16gb ram, 1 month old HP ENVY laptop with blue ray burner.

Tim
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I have a problem with PowerDirector 12 running under Windows 8. I followed the thread "PDR12.EXE Has Stopped Working Error" and posted my problem with the application crashing. I downloaded the patch and installed it. The program runs but still crashes very annoyingly after burning one disk. I am getting, "Burning unsuccessful. Error code: eEB19178D"

The only resolution is to reboot, and restart the disk mastering process. I need to burn a half dozen disks of 8 different videos and this isn't working.

Anyone know what the error code translates to?

Windows 8, 64bit, PowerDirector Ultimate 12.0.2109.0, Intel I7 processor, 16gb ram, 1 month old HP ENVY laptop with blue ray burner.

Tim

Tim- see this link for an explanation of that error code: http://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=14960&prodId=4

Rob
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
TimboGee [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 09, 2013 02:32 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Rob,

The link you provided was for error code eEB191087. My error was eEB19178D.

I can always burn one blue ray disk. I just can't burn multiples.
My system works just fine burning standard DVDs, it is just multiples of blue rays.

Tim
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Oops, excuse the momentary dyslexia.

The best thing to do is to start another thread with that error message. This one is getting cluttered with different ones.
Also create a support ticket to Cyberlink tech. Support.

To be honest- from what I can see from other user experience, PD does not have the most reliable disc burning feature.
Others use a separate third party disc burning software. (But forum rules- no discussing competing software. Yeah I know...)

Rob
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: Rob,

The link you provided was for error code eEB191087. My error was eEB19178D.

I can always burn one blue ray disk. I just can't burn multiples.
My system works just fine burning standard DVDs, it is just multiples of blue rays.

Tim

Have you tried burning a Disk Folder only, then using Disk Burning software to burn multiple disks.

There is plenty of free Disk Burning Apps, including BluRay.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Members,
The issue for this thread is "PDR12.EXE Has Stopped Working Error - Still Exists" started by dan_public123.

If you've asked a question on a different matter/a problem you have and you've failed to assist dan_public123 then you are hijacking this thread, such action isn't acceptable. ALL posts that have participated in the hijack may be removed.

Do not take a thread off on a tangent, keep the contributions focused and on topic!

If you have an issue/question about a problem, Start a NEW TOPIC, Link: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/jforum.page?module=posts&action=insert&forum_id=120

Forum Moderator
sging1 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Wales UK Joined: Jun 03, 2012 12:36 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
My installation did not ask me to un-install PD11, is that why I may be getting crashes and frozen screens even after I applied the patch.

(Back on the main issue of crashing)

Stephen

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 24. 2013 06:55

sging1 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Wales UK Joined: Jun 03, 2012 12:36 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
Just to note with this crashing issue, I think I found a reason for mine and that was when ever I clicked on the NewBlue IV folder it crashed. I just un-installed a lot of NewBlue and it seems a little bit more stable now. I'll create a support ticket with NewBlue and Cyberlink on this.

I'll let you know if I have further issues on this error.

Just something to consider.

regards
Stephen