Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
New Patch Released - PhD 5
[Post New]
Members,

A new patch for PhotoDirector 5 has been released.
http://www.cyberlink.com/support/photodirector-ultra/patches_en_US.html

PhotoDirector 5 (Windows) build 4430
PhotoDirector 5 (Mac) build 8030

Of course, if you're currently running those builds (Windows v4430 or Mac v8030 there's need to update this patch.
Release note:

What's in it?
• Now supports 10 languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Japanese, Korean, and Dutch
• Improvements to Bracket HDR feature.
• Other minor fixes.

PIX

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 24. 2013 04:33

PIX YouTube channel
Reeltripp [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 16, 2013 11:41 Messages: 46 Offline
[Post New]
Tried to download the Windows version and got error message that I must have a non-trial version installed and the update will not work. I have un-installed version 4 and I am using the trial version of PhD5.
[Post New]
Yes,

Patch updates only apply to full versions, not the trial as you've discovered.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Reeltripp [Avatar]
[Post New]
I believe you but the error message says the patch won't load because I'm using a non-trial version. It should say because I'm using a trial version.
Since I had less than 30 days use of PhD4 before problems occurred I was hoping to get a free upgrade to PhD5. No response from Tech Support yet.
[Post New]

I don't know what the exact wording of the message was, so it's hard to judge whether it was incorrect.

You said "Tried to download the Windows version and got error message that I must have a non-trial version installed and the update will not work."

That makes sense. It means that unless you have a non-trial version the patch cannot be applied. You uninstalled your "non-trial" version.

Of course, if that wasn't the wording of the alert forget what I just said!

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Reeltripp [Avatar]
[Post New]
Got the Full version with the patch.