Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Face tag Info missing from Export in PD4 using Windows 8
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Forum

When using PD4 with Windows 8 I have noticed the Face Tagging object is not created when exporting. I see the cache object and the .phd file - but no face object.

Any help most welcome.

Regards

David
Reeltripp [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 16, 2013 11:41 Messages: 46 Offline
[Post New]
It has been my experience that when my picture count reached 1951 Project "Backup" did not save face data. When my picture count got to 4478 "Export Project" did not save face data. This would also corrupt my project data and I could not open it. Tech support is working on this.

I am using PhD5 with 11,776 pictures tagged and faced. Export Project and Backup still don't work but I make a copy of the whole project subdirectory each time I quit. Export Selected Pictures works and saves tag and face data. See my other posts for details. Good luck!
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi ReelTripp

Umm , that's not good news. I moved away from Adobe to PHD4 for similar face tagging issues. But to find out the Backup integrity is failing is extremely worrying. But many thanks for the response. I will try your solution of exporting selected images.

PS to any Cyberlink Sales persons reading this - I will not be upgrading to PHD5 until I'm satisfied you have resolved this backup issue. Face Tagging is probably the most important feature to me as a user, but to find that the Backup features themselves are failing is very poor and needs urgent attention.

Regards

David
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Reeltripp

Tried the solution you suggested but still failed to save and restore the face tags. It restores the basic tags but not the face tags?

Regards

David
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Reeltripp

Forgot to mention it does not restore the Album data either?

Any solution or work around would be most useful.

Regards

David
Reeltripp [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 16, 2013 11:41 Messages: 46 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Donkey,

When I import pictures that were previously "Selected Pictures Export" the Original directory locations are lost because Export Selected Pictures does not save directory info. Album information is also not saved, but I Export Selected Pictures by album so when I import I create the Album to put them in. It would be great if Album and original directory info could be saved.

On the face tagging, once the selected pictures are imported, run face tagging on them and all the face tags will miraculous return. You will also get a lot of "2" and "unknown" tags that have to be cleaned up but that's easier than starting from scratch.

A trick I've learned is when I have a lot of pictures to tag with the same people I temporarily rename the face tag to "1", then when you select a face tag it appears at the top of the list and is easy to click on. When I finish I rename the face tag back to the person. Also when you plan to up load to Facebook use the persons Facebook name and they will be tagged in the Facebook Picture.
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
There are some super tips in your last post - thank you that was very helpful

Regards

David