Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDR12.exe stopped working error when trying to produce movie
RFord562 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 06, 2013 23:18 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I originally posted this in another topic but apparently that issue (PD12 wont launch or open) has been resolved now with an early patch that I have not received yet from support, so I am creating a new topic in hopes I can get this issue fixed.

I upgraded from PD 10 to PD 12. I am able to work, edit, and save a project with PD 12 up up until I try to produce a video (click the produce button on main menu). At that time, PD 12 shuts down and displays the PDR12.EXE has stopped working error. Here is my part A and B.

Part A: version 12.0.2027.3
Part B: see attached dxdiag file

I also updated my video drivers, ran CCLeaner, checked for the latest version of Quicktime, even installed updated video codec pack and still crashes (error message PDR12.exe has stopped working, send report) when trying to produce any movie (tried using AVI, WMV,MP4 source files) . The Weird thing is there is NO error event in the Windows event viewer when PD12 crashes.

Also now having same problem with my older PD10 install that was working fine up until I upgraded to PD12. I am thinking of uninstalling both, rerunning CCLeaner registry fix and then trying to re-install PD12 only

Update from support (9/8/13)...they wanted windows event log and process dump from task manager, but no event log created and process kills itself when PD12 crashes. Sent them DXDIAG.TXT. Waiting to hear back from them.

I have a Win7 -64bit PC. 8 GB RAM, intel i5 CPU @ 2.90 GHz.

I have also submitted a support ticket, waiting for their response and update. Thank you
 Filename
DxDiag-win7x64bit.txt
[Disk]
 Description
dxdiag file
 Filesize
30 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
330 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 11. 2013 17:46

Dell XPS8300 - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit -SP1
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2310 CPU @ 2.90GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.9GHz, * Gb RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6450
Henk [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 07, 2012 15:56 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have exactly the same problem on my Windows 8 Pro 64-bit. I upgraded to the entire Director Suite 2 and feel I've been ripped off.
Ticket created and they did exactly the same troubleshooting and said they have to escalate it to Research & Development.
Since you have the problem and I have it and a client of mine who also has upgraded has the same problem. Three different hardware platforms and two different OS platforms.
It has to be a problem with PowerDirector 12.

I had spent hours and hours creating a production to get it produced and ready for a deadline. I waited 2 days and now am recreating the production in v.11 to be able to make the deadline. What a waste of time and money. I wonder if Cyberlink will reimburse me for my wasted time.
rejean [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 10, 2013 18:46 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
it's same for me , i d'ont happy,
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I originally posted this in another topic but apparently that issue (PD12 wont launch or open) has been resolved now with an early patch that I have not received yet from support, so I am creating a new topic in hopes I can get this issue fixed.

I upgraded from PD 10 to PD 12. I am able to work, edit, and save a project with PD 12 up up until I try to produce a video (click the produce button on main menu). At that time, PD 12 shuts down and displays the PDR12.EXE has stopped working error. Here is my part A and B.

Part A: version 12.0.2027.3
Part B: see attached dxdiag file

I also updated my video drivers, ran CCLeaner, checked for the latest version of Quicktime, even installed updated video codec pack and still crashes (error message PDR12.exe has stopped working, send report) when trying to produce any movie (tried using AVI, WMV,MP4 source files) . The Weird thing is there is NO error event in the Windows event viewer when PD12 crashes.

Also now having same problem with my older PD10 install that was working fine up until I upgraded to PD12. I am thinking of uninstalling both, rerunning CCLeaner registry fix and then trying to re-install PD12 only

Update from support (9/8/13)...they wanted windows event log and process dump from task manager, but no event log created and process kills itself when PD12 crashes. Sent them DXDIAG.TXT. Waiting to hear back from them.

I have a Win7 -64bit PC. 8 GB RAM, intel i5 CPU @ 2.90 GHz.

I have also submitted a support ticket, waiting for their response and update. Thank you

Hi RFord562,
Is this the thread: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/60/29753.page you're referring to? I hope Customer Support has contacted you and supplied you with the patch by now. I've looked at your diagnostic - cant spot anything so far.
Dafydd
Quote: I have exactly the same problem on my Windows 8 Pro 64-bit. I upgraded to the entire Director Suite 2 and feel I've been ripped off.
Ticket created and they did exactly the same troubleshooting and said they have to escalate it to Research & Development.
Since you have the problem and I have it and a client of mine who also has upgraded has the same problem. Three different hardware platforms and two different OS platforms.
It has to be a problem with PowerDirector 12.

I had spent hours and hours creating a production to get it produced and ready for a deadline. I waited 2 days and now am recreating the production in v.11 to be able to make the deadline. What a waste of time and money. I wonder if Cyberlink will reimburse me for my wasted time.

Hi Henk,
I fully understand your feelings and annoyance with the situation that has been presented to you. I have made sure your concerns have reached those that should know! I cant speed up the delivery of the patch much as I think it'll be released very shortly on the website. You can try and get the patch simply by asking for it - and quote your forum postings.
Dafydd

Quote: it's same for me , i d'ont happy,

Hi rejean,
Some more information may be needed to confirm you have the same issue. Please make contact with online support and specifically ask for the unreleased patch to see if it'll fix your issue. Quote the forum thread etc to back up what you're asking for.
Dafydd

The contents of this thread has been forwarded to CyberLink.
Dafydd
Forum Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 12. 2013 04:30

RFord562 [Avatar]
[Post New]
hi dafydd, no customer support has contacted me since 9/8 and they have not yet replied to followup message. No patch has been offered to me yet. I too am frustrated as there seems to be no way to contact support back once you reply and are awaiting them to reply back.

Update I uninstalled PD 11 and 12 (Ultimate Suite) ran CCLeaner registry fix, rebooted, re-installed PD 12 Suite and same exact thing. PDR122.exe stopped working when clicking the produce movie button.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 12. 2013 10:55

Dell XPS8300 - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit -SP1
AMD Radeon HD 6450
Henk [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 07, 2012 15:56 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I received a private message with a link to the patch and it has resolved my issue, I'm producing as we speak.

Not sure why that person didn't just post the link on here but here's the link to the patch:

http://update.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/patch/PowerDirector/VDE130822-02/TR130910-018/PowerDirector_2109_GM2.5_Patch_Patch_VDE130822-02.exe
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: hi dafydd, no customer support has contacted me since 9/8 and they have not yet replied to followup message. No patch has been offered to me yet. I too am frustrated as there seems to be no way to contact support back once you reply and are awaiting them to reply back.

Update I uninstalled PD 11 and 12 (Ultimate Suite) ran CCLeaner registry fix, rebooted, re-installed PD 12 Suite and same exact thing. PDR122.exe stopped working when clicking the produce movie button.

Hi RFord562,
I can understand the irritation at not being replied to. It is not good enough to leave you "hanging". Can you try the link Henk has posted? I haven't been given the link etc (I should have asked for it, sorry, my error), but it appears to have resolved Henk's issue.
Dafydd

Quote: I received a private message with a link to the patch and it has resolved my issue, I'm producing as we speak.

Not sure why that person didn't just post the link on here but here's the link to the patch:

http://update.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/patch/PowerDirector/VDE130822-02/TR130910-018/PowerDirector_2109_GM2.5_Patch_Patch_VDE130822-02.exe

Hi Henk,
Thank you for posting the link and for reporting your success.
Dafydd
sging1 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Wales UK Joined: Jun 03, 2012 12:36 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Guys

Just thought I'd add my comment. I'm getting the same thing. It has crashed on me a few times in trying to get into produce along with trying to create my file in produce as well as working on the timeline. Tonight I am also finding it has gone really slow on my new purpose built i7 PC. I keep having to wait a few seconds for it to action my changes or sometimes even play the movie.
Ill try the patch now as it just crashed again.

A refund may be on the cards I think, as PD11 seems to be more stable. I don't have time to fault find.
Hans Kattenmand
Newbie Joined: Aug 04, 2009 06:17 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Henk,

thanks for posting the patch. I installed it and law and behold, PDR12 started rendering albeit not with the promised astronomical speed. It worked. Also kind greetings to Dafydd - Long time no see:
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
My patch also worked. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
RFord562 [Avatar]
[Post New]
the patch also worked for me and I am now able to produce movies once again. thanks all. Dell XPS8300 - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit -SP1
AMD Radeon HD 6450
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: the patch also worked for me and I am now able to produce movies once again. thanks all.

Hi RFord562,
Excellent result for you and everyone here.
Dafydd
Forum Moderator

Hi Hans, good to see you on the forum again,
Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Guys

Just thought I'd add my comment. I'm getting the same thing. It has crashed on me a few times in trying to get into produce along with trying to create my file in produce as well as working on the timeline. Tonight I am also finding it has gone really slow on my new purpose built i7 PC. I keep having to wait a few seconds for it to action my changes or sometimes even play the movie.
Ill try the patch now as it just crashed again.

A refund may be on the cards I think, as PD11 seems to be more stable. I don't have time to fault find.

Hi sging1,
Please try the latest patch , see thread: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29861.page which is supposed to stop the instability or unusual crashes that have been experienced. If that doesn't work for you then please "give me a shout" on a new thread.
Dafydd
Hans Kattenmand
Newbie Joined: Aug 04, 2009 06:17 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd, the reason I ended up again here at "your" place is:"I cannot render anything edited in PDR11, that has specials in it. Ie. stabilized or else; it must be edited in PDR 12 and then I can produce it"

I fell in the same old trap since PDR9. First finish what you're doing THEN upgrade and wait what happens! Don't act as the curious cat, but I'm only human?

Hans Masius - www.kattenmand.com