Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Has anyone received their money-back guarantee yet?
SoCalDude
Member Location: Sunny Southern California Joined: Aug 12, 2013 20:48 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
I have submitted a customer support question requesting a money-back refund for my purchase of PowerDirector 11 with about 4 days left in my one-month guarantee period. I would like to upgrade to PD 12.

My question is, has anyone done the same and if so, how long does it take to get your refund? I'm not talking about what the web site says what the refund payout timeframe is, but rather, the actual time involved in receiving recent refund requests (say, in the past week or so).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 09. 2013 20:38

---
- PowerDirector 13 Ultimate
- DJI Phantom 4 Drone
- GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition (two of these)
- Kodak Zx5 HD Waterproof Pocket Video Camera
- Canon PowerShot SD1300 (HD video & stills
- Canon EOS 40D DSLR w/lots of lenses--my favorite being a EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
[Post New]
I had a refund done before.
They send you a form to fill out and send back, then takes about a week to about a month for refund to appear on your credit card.
You may have to follow up with original request.

Robert
SoCalDude
Member Location: Sunny Southern California Joined: Aug 12, 2013 20:48 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
Update: I submitted a question to customer service yesterday. Late in the day, I received a reply with a link to a form to fill-out, sign, and fax/email/snail-mail back to them. I faxed it back right away (as well as email, just in case). Within 30 minutes I received another reply stating that the refund is underway and it should appear on my online credit card statement within "a few days".

I uninstalled PowerDirector 11 and am about to purchase/download PowerDirector 12.

Other than the initial "where do I apply for a refund", the whole process seems to be straightforward and easy.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 10. 2013 12:41

---
- DJI Phantom 4 Drone
- Canon EOS 40D DSLR w/lots of lenses--my favorite being a EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
SoCalDude
[Post New]
Quote: Update: I submitted a question to customer service yesterday. Late in the day, I received a reply with a link to a form to fill-out, sign, and fax/email/snail-mail back to them. I faxed it back right away (as well as email, just in case). Within 30 minutes I received another reply stating that the refund is underway and it should appear on my online credit card statement within "a few days".

I uninstalled PowerDirector 11 and am about to purchase/download PowerDirector 12.

Other than the initial "where do I apply for a refund", the whole process seems to be straightforward and easy.

Another update: I have found a discount code for ordering PowerDirector 12 online that worked for me a few minutes ago.

http://goo.gl/JaS6DY

p.s.There is an upgrade version of PD12 (if upgrading from PD11). It is USD$80. However, if you are like me, my 30-day money-back guarantee was on it's 28th day, so I submitted and was approved for my refund of $90.

PD12 (non-upgrade version) costs $130, so the price for me upgrading--using the refund then re-purchase--was $130-90, or $40 less the discount code which was (for me) 5% or $6.50, bringing my total "upgrade" cost to $33.50.

Had I gone past the 30-day refund period, it would have cost me $80 (minus any discount), so I'm happy!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 10. 2013 13:41

---
- DJI Phantom 4 Drone