Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is it better to use Power2go
Lynnwilx13 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Kent Joined: May 06, 2008 17:54 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Hello
Is it better to burn discs with Power2go rather than in PowerDirector 7
Thanks
Lynn Regards
Lynn
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Lynn,

As a habit I produce my DVD to a folder on my hard drive. I do this for a couple of reasons.
1. I split the render/write process
2. Old habits die hard

Basically these are the same reasons When I first started out Video editing it was the way it was done. It means you have control of the process and PD will render/create and then I use P2Go to bring the information to disc.

Another reason I do it this way is because i use the unused space to store image files of the slide shows created with PD. Using P2Go it's easy to place additional folders into the write process.

Get Power2Go.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 12. 2008 09:55

philtorrance [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 21, 2017 19:48 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
how do I "produce my DVD to a folder on my hard drive" without "PowerDirector 7"

with only media suite 10 and its power2go 8?

-- cyberlink replied to my power2go-can't-burn problem by suggesting this:

"2. Produce the video disc as “disc folder” on local hard drive without burning to disc to sort if it is a disc writer burning related problem, or video transcoding problem without using disc writer."

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 23. 2017 21:47

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Phil, Why add your issue to an almost 10 year old thread? Please tell us about your computer vai dxdiag.e3xe and about what software you have with the version number and the level of the software. Please do so in a new thread so you will get a faster answer.

Power2Go is up to version 11. What do you have?

Media Suite is up to 15.

dxdiag.exe is a Windows evalsuation of your computer. Run it and post the entire text file that is generated (as a file, not as a line by line).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 22. 2017 18:22

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
philtorrance [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Phil, Why add your issue to an almost 10 year old thread?

thanks for your help; I thought it would be polite to get help from previous post;

and the thread I found to be most helpful had an obvious hole, that should have been updated in case some else searching for same problem found the same thread.

dvd-recording software such as Power2Go should have the ability to write a dvd image to hard disk instead of dvd;

if the Power2Go 8 that comes with the LG burner requires additional software to do that; people should know about it.

I'm using media suite 10 with power2go DE(oem) 8.0.0.6810

sr# p2g160812-02

-- dxdiag not needed for this question.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Good morning Phil,

By now, most people know that OEM (free software) that comes with a piece of hardware is sometimes called - teaser software. It teases you to buy more/upgrade.

I only have P2G 11 on my computer now and it does allow you to burn to a DVD folder. I don't know when that was added.

Why don;t you want to use Power Director 7? Have you tried to put your video in it and output it to a folder? You can copy a DVD to your computer and add the vob files to Power Director. VOB files are mpg2 files iin disguise.

Please respect copy protection requirements in your neck of the woods. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
philtorrance [Avatar]
[Post New]
I only have P2G 11 on my computer now and it does allow you to burn to a DVD folder.

Why don;t you want to use Power Director 7? Have you tried to put your video in it and output it to a folder? You can copy a DVD to your computer and add the vob files to Power Director. VOB files are mpg2 files iin disguise.

thanks for your reply Steve, I assume you have win 10 and the latest p2g works with it.

I don't have a video; I'm trying to backup text files to a dvd or cd; I worried that a nuclear war might fry electronics and only optical backups would survive; but that is very unlikely; so, I'm not sure it's worth buying burner software.
stevek
[Post New]
Hi again Phil

Yes, I have the lastest commercial version of W10 (not beta) and have P2G 11.

Perhaps a portable solid state hard dive or a couple of thumb drives may be better than the CD/DVD option. CDs and DVDs are not that stable over the long run. Solid state drives can be stored where they would be protected. I bet there are a lot of people in my area (near Houston) that wish they had better backup.

There are some DVDs - M -discs - that are said to last 1000 years but you need a burner that will handle them.

Just in case, always have 2 back ups and store one of those off-site. (bank safety deposit box?

Good luck!.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 26. 2017 05:56

websiteee [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 27, 2017 08:22 Messages: 72 Offline
[Post New]
It is up to your habit whether you like to burn with power2go or PowerDirector 7. I always prefer to work with PowerDirector.
stevek
[Post New]
Quote It is up to your habit whether you like to burn with power2go or PowerDirector 7. I always prefer to work with PowerDirector.

For data discs? That is what the original poster indicated that he wanted to back up. .
Shapied [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 22, 2018 07:38 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, i think its OK