Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Playing With Power Director 12 and Color Director 2
Michael8511
Contributor Location: U.S.A. Indiana Joined: Jan 14, 2012 16:12 Messages: 374 Offline
[Post New]
I set down today and want to see who the noise reduction in Color Director work. Plus I did not have a time to play with PD 12 yesterday. On August 27 on my way home from a camera club meeting I stop downtown and shoot some video at night. It let me see if I was learning to use the Canon VIXA HF G10 in manual mode. I had full control of the shutter speed, aperture and gain. The video was all usable but on my desktop monitor I could see noise in the dark sky when I pan up to the top of the tower. My laptop screen I could not see it much. AT the end of the second clip I could see a little. You do lose some detail when using it or I need to learn more on using it.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 08. 2013 19:20

Intel i7 5960X overclock to 4 Ghz 16 GB of ram.
GoPro 4
Canon VIXIA HF G10
Canon EOS Rebel T3
Canon EOS 70D
My Vimeo Channel http://vimeo.com/user3339631/videos
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I am viewing on a 23" monitor and, to me, it is not worth the loss of sharpness. maybe if the noise was worse I could justify the compromise. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
GGRussell [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jan 08, 2012 11:38 Messages: 709 Offline
[Post New]
This is on a 47" HDTV connected via HDMI. Win8 Media Center 64bit using Windows Media Player

With Noise Reduction adds way too much blur for my taste.
[Thumb - without.jpg]
 Filename
without.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
without noise reduction
 Filesize
117 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
119 time(s)
[Thumb - with.jpg]
 Filename
with.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
with noise reduction
 Filesize
116 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
129 time(s)
Intel i7 4770k, 16GB, GTX1060 3GB, Two 240GB SSD, 4TB HD, Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder, Sony SLT-A65VK for still images, Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Gary Russell -- TN USA
Michael8511
Contributor Location: U.S.A. Indiana Joined: Jan 14, 2012 16:12 Messages: 374 Offline
[Post New]
I agree with you two on the lost in detail. I had to play with it oh to see how it work.

I did not have Color Director with PD 11 . I did download the trial of it last year and played a little with it. I had never been one to play with color in video much. But I do like where Color Director has the histogram in version 2 and that it will show you if the shadow and highlight are clipping. I don't remember seeing that in version 1. Intel i7 5960X overclock to 4 Ghz 16 GB of ram.
GoPro 4
Canon VIXIA HF G10
Canon EOS Rebel T3
Canon EOS 70D
My Vimeo Channel http://vimeo.com/user3339631/videos
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
re: Histogram in Color Director 2

Brand spanking new requested in the Color Director forum by various users (they listened !)

Yes definitely going in the right direction.
And now some of the basic color presets are included without having to leave PD 12 .. neato.

R
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be