Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do I - lift a puzzle peice and tilt it toward the viewer
randy11 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 08, 2013 05:35 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Our company sells real estate; large tracts of land. I have a plat map (survey) with five tracts of land drawn/shown and stored as a jpg on my computer. How do I raise up one of the tracts/shapes and tilt slightly toward the viewer?

The shapes vary in size from perfect rectangles to fans to hand drawn.

Thank you.

Randy

- Perhaps you can point me toward a link in the forum for the answer.
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I have a plat map (survey) with five tracts of land drawn/shown and stored as a jpg on my computer. How do I raise up one of the tracts/shapes and tilt slightly toward the viewer?

If the cant of the image shown here is similar to what might work for you, then drop your image/s onto the time line and select one at a time. Drag the blue squares in the corners until you achieve the desired result.

[Thumb - SnapShot.jpg]
 Filename
SnapShot.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
13 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
300 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 08. 2013 10:45

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Randy -

Borgus is absolutely on track pointing you to the freeform controls. When an image is tilted towards you, its shape changes/distorts.

The only way of replicating that in PD is by using those freeform keyframes.

Now - the attached project is clunky, but it does show a way of setting the keyframes in PiP Designer to create the illusion that part of the image is being tilted towards the viewer. I also tried to add slight rotation, but the rotation keyframes weren't very responsive!

That's the first time I've ever tried to keyframe freeform motion. Never too old, eh?

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Freeform Keyframes.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
94 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
209 time(s)
[Thumb - Tilt.png]
 Filename
Tilt.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
234 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
244 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 08. 2013 20:05

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Very interesting challenge indeed- I never thought about doing this- but there is so much goodness that can be done playing with this idea.

Now it's got me thinking about using my picture editor to slightly change the pic colors / tint, cutting them out, making them into a .png with transparent background. Then importing them into PD, adding borders and a shadow to give it that 3D floating look. (This can be done in the photo editor before hand also.)

Then dropping them to the timeline and using some magical timing / transitions and keyframes to have them "pop-up" with scrolling moving text boxes showing info. In this case info about real estate population density, border lines etc.

Create the overall packed template project and then use this for future pop-up / tilt projects.

Neato.

(Btw- I do not mean to discourage the OP, you can do this the simple way or add more complexity as needed.)

Rob

PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
randy11 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 08, 2013 05:35 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks to all. I will report back with progress.

randy
wh7262
Member Location: Carrollton, TX Joined: Apr 25, 2011 10:07 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
I used an actual plat survey, is this what you are wanting to accomplish? The attached zip is a packed project using PD-12, the video is a 10 second clip of the project.

One would need to make a separate png file, as in this case, for each parcel of land needing to have a pop-up and a background for that particular parcel filled in the color of black. When this parcel begins to pop-up, it will give the appearance as if it has left the plat and is now free floating and coming toward you..
 Filename
Land Plats Pop-Up-0.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
Video produced from the project
 Filesize
2623 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
203 time(s)
 Filename
LandPlatPopUp Packed-0.zip
[Disk]
 Description
Packed Project PD-12
 Filesize
2961 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
204 time(s)
Thanks,
Bill in Texas

PD-12, PD-14 and PD15 is installed on this iMAC computer under BootCamp, and PD's are running great:
DxDiag Info:
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Apple Inc.
System Model: iMac11,2
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 550 @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4022MB RAM
Page File: 2031MB used, 6010MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

PD-12 PowerDirector Ultra: 12.0.3403.0

PD-14 PowerDirector Ultra: 14.0.1728.0
SR numbers: VDE14

PD-15 Power Director Ultra
wh7262
Member Location: Carrollton, TX Joined: Apr 25, 2011 10:07 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
Was just about to shut down for the night when an idea pop-up. One could make chapters for each parcels when making a dvd. Then one can select a particular parcel of land to show the client. Thanks,
Bill in Texas

PD-12, PD-14 and PD15 is installed on this iMAC computer under BootCamp, and PD's are running great:
DxDiag Info:
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Apple Inc.
System Model: iMac11,2
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 550 @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4022MB RAM
Page File: 2031MB used, 6010MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

PD-12 PowerDirector Ultra: 12.0.3403.0

PD-14 PowerDirector Ultra: 14.0.1728.0
SR numbers: VDE14

PD-15 Power Director Ultra
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Nice one Bill.

Looks really good.
Ideas coming to life using a little ingenuity.

Rob
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be