Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD12 - Still some 0ld flaws
KEN-PD [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 15, 2009 08:48 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
I did the trial version of PD12 and found that the WTV file conversion for 720p formatted videos still has that 2 second per hour sync drift between the audio and video tracks that has existed at least since PD8. Other programs do just fine.

Scrolling along the timeline is quite jerky, and it appears as if there is some kind of 'prefetch' activity going as flashes of frames several seconds ahead/behind the cursor location appears as the cursor moves. It is rather difficult to get to a specific frame. Other programs scroll so much more smoothly. (It has been this way since PD9, and numerous video driver updates and program updates has somewhat improved, but not remedied these artifacts. PD8 by comparison was quite good.)

A function that would be useful for me is a 'save file same as clip format' - an expanded use of SVRT or other means to minimize rendering when trying to save a clip in the same format as the original. SVRT does work on some, but not too many formats. Other programs do a very nice job at preserving the video integrity with a 'non rendering' file save across a wider range of formats.

As an owner of PD8, 9 10, and 11, I will bypass PD12.

I didn't check, but PD12, like the previous version, may still do some unwanted companding and equalization of the sound track that cannot be turned off.

PD has such a friendly format and is easy to use. Hopefully some of these items might get some attention in future releases. And thank you to the PD folks for offering up a trial version.

System - Intel i7 2700, HD3000, 256G SSD boot drive and 300GB Raptor HDD running clean install of Win8/64 with no other programs installed
PD8 thru 11 have been tried with various NVidia and AMD video cards and versions of Windows OS's on multiple 'higher end Intel CPU' systems - all with same results noted as above.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Recently I have been using the Cyberlink Facebook page to politely air issues, and suggestions, but be aware it is NOT a support forum. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Eugen157
Senior Contributor Location: Palm Springs area, So.CA Joined: Dec 10, 2012 13:57 Messages: 662 Offline
[Post New]
No 60P to BR disk , bummer. Would have bought that in a flash!

One feature that I liked with other editors is"find scene in album" by clicking on timeline scene.

As to multi camera , how many are going to use that. It may be getting too complex.

So PD11 works fine here for some time to come.

Eugene 73s, WA6JZN ex DL9GC
CYBERLINK PLEASE ADD UHD BLU RAY BURNING SOFTWARE
PD14,
Win10,64bit.CPU i7 6700,16GB ,C= 480 GB SSD ,GPU GTX1060 6GB 1 fan. Plus 3 int, 4 ext HDD's for video etc.LG WH16NS40 reads UHD.
4K 24" ViewSonic monitor.Camera Sony FDR-A
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: No 60P to BR disk , bummer. Would have bought that in a flash!

One feature that I liked with other editors is"find scene in album" by clicking on timeline scene.

As to multi camera , how many are going to use that. It may be getting too complex.

So PD11 works fine here for some time to come.

Eugene

60p like the 50p request. If it doesn't form part of the BluRay model then CL are unlikely to make the change. I even asked if we could hack the capability... quite frustrating. Some of you may recall the hack that allowed use to write a bluray to a folder!

Multi-Camera*, well I thought it to be really great for small projects but it did cause problems in the tracks when I inserted a larger project and put files all over the place and didn't give the tools to correct the situation! No response from CyberLink so far.

*I did push for the inclusion of a multicamera editing feature.
Dafydd
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd,

I never thought about a multicam feature- but I have multi-cam / angle recordings and this will certainly make things easier to edit especially being able to more precisely sync sound. So I can't wait to play with this feature. And with any new feature I fully expect to break it and find the quirks and flaws ... I am just that type of guy. ha

Eugen,

That would be a neat feature re: find scene in album - again never thought about it- but definitely useful.

Rob PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
Michael8511
Contributor Location: U.S.A. Indiana Joined: Jan 14, 2012 16:12 Messages: 374 Offline
[Post New]
I can see where Multi-Camera has a use and is a nice add feature to Power Director. Say some one has two or three cameras and doing a interview with someone, a kids school play or a band playing. It would make editing the different views much easier. I myself thank CyberLink for adding it. That was the biggest reason I got it.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 09. 2013 10:13

Intel i7 5960X overclock to 4 Ghz 16 GB of ram.
GoPro 4
Canon VIXIA HF G10
Canon EOS Rebel T3
Canon EOS 70D
My Vimeo Channel http://vimeo.com/user3339631/videos
Eugen157
Senior Contributor Location: Palm Springs area, So.CA Joined: Dec 10, 2012 13:57 Messages: 662 Offline
[Post New]
Good morning!

I think Jmone would have come up with an 50/60P hack if it would be easy to do. I am afraid that you are correct, we may never see it in the product.

Without his ReMuxPD and FIXPD9 I would not even be able to use PD11 since TsMuxer will not accept the 60P files owing to the audio problem.

The find scene in album would be very handy since I usually use more than one album , otherwise they get too big.

A good day to all,
we had rain during the night, about 1 inch so everything is sparkling clean, including our 4KW solar panels, (8000KW year ave)
Here in the Palm Springs/Palm Desert area we usually get less than 2" PER YEAR.

Eugene

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 09. 2013 13:20

73s, WA6JZN ex DL9GC
CYBERLINK PLEASE ADD UHD BLU RAY BURNING SOFTWARE
PD14,
Win10,64bit.CPU i7 6700,16GB ,C= 480 GB SSD ,GPU GTX1060 6GB 1 fan. Plus 3 int, 4 ext HDD's for video etc.LG WH16NS40 reads UHD.
4K 24" ViewSonic monitor.Camera Sony FDR-A