Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Not a happy bunny........
nalab1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Mar 10, 2013 13:40 Messages: 54 Offline
[Post New]
Last night - 05/09/2013 (approximately 20:45) I purchased the CyberLink Power Director Ultimate Suite v11.0 and today I find that you have released V12! I think that I should be entitled to a free upgrade from V11 to V12. I would like to hear your views on this ASAP! Dell XPS One 2720 Core i7 4790S, 16GB RAM
NVidia GeForce GT 750M 2GB DDR5
2TB Hard Disk
Windows 10
PowerDirector 15 ultimate
sging1 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Wales UK Joined: Jun 03, 2012 12:36 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Last night - 05/09/2013 (approximately 20:45) I purchased the CyberLink Power Director Ultimate Suite v11.0 and today I find that you have released V12! I think that I should be entitled to a free upgrade from V11 to V12. I would like to hear your views on this ASAP!

You are entitled to a 30 day refund so just get the refund and purchase PowerDirector 12.

PS this site is not run by Cyberlink but volunteers.
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
The same has just happened to me, so I'm glad I came across this posting.
Thank you I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
nalab1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
The thing that annoys me is that I have got to thru the effort of cancelling the order and then, hopefully downloading v12 at the same price... Dell XPS One 2720 Core i7 4790S, 16GB RAM
2TB Hard Disk
Windows 10
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I am not certain, but I believe if you bought it from the CyberLink web site they may give you the upgrade. Don't get mad if that is wrong, but ask them about it. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Hi Jaime-esque a very good point, it's always better to ask first. Thank you. I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
nalab1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
No, they wont give me the upgrade... what I have to do is get a refund on v11 and then repurchase v12... probably for a lot more money.... Dell XPS One 2720 Core i7 4790S, 16GB RAM
2TB Hard Disk
Windows 10
nalab1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Just downloaded the trial of Ultimate 12 and to upgrade I need -

ANOTHER £119.99 to upgrade making a total of £145.99 + £119.99 = £265.98?

OR if I get the refund of £145.99 do I just pay the £119.99? Dell XPS One 2720 Core i7 4790S, 16GB RAM
2TB Hard Disk
Windows 10
[Post New]

Sorry to hear that.

What I like about purchasing through there store is that they will refund your product even if you already activated it as long as its within 30 days.
What I agree with and had prior issues with is that they are NOT very flexible in upgrade pricing etc... this happened to me when I wanted to get the whole suite a while back and was asking for a possible discount and there was no flexibility or options on their end and I even tried several different contacts messages to them with the same result.

To contrast other software companies were able to assist in helping me to upgrade (to a higher suite) with credits on products that I had just purchased with no problem.

Having said that though I do love the software and the new features especially the Multi-Cam.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Just downloaded the trial of Ultimate 12 and to upgrade I need -

ANOTHER £119.99 to upgrade making a total of £145.99 + £119.99 = £265.98?

OR if I get the refund of £145.99 do I just pay the £119.99?

Hi Nalab1,
Thank you for stating your concerns, I have sent you a PM.
Dafydd
Forum Moderator
Rumblebum273 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: South Africa Joined: Nov 29, 2013 13:10 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Don't rush into buying V12. I bought it 5 weeks ago and its doing my head in. Crash & burn... actually it crashes every time I try and Burn a DVD using a DVD Menu. If I don't use a menu, its fine.. I could cry. And the Cyberlink support is incredibly poor.
sging1 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Wales UK Joined: Jun 03, 2012 12:36 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
I gave up on PD for my main editing programme after they brought out the last botched patch that cost me hours of time that I could not afford. I had a number of issues with PD anyway that I was living with, from not being able to install the New Blue packs properly to the constant crashing, but my biggest bug bear on two version was the two second pause on certain crossfades which was never fixed even though I sent Cyberlink samples and posted a number of tickets. I still use it for some editing as it does have some fantastic features but it gave me the push to go over to the Sony Vegas Pro12 Suite which I find incredibly professional.

Don’t get me wrong Vegas does crash from time to time like any programme but except for a restart it never costs me any valuable time or lost work and the results are brilliant and it is so flexible and I can edit with full HD preview without any type of shadow file creation.

Needless to say I won't be doing any further upgrading on PD.
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote: I gave up on PD for my main editing programme after they brought out the last botched patch that cost me hours of time that I could not afford. I had a number of issues with PD anyway that I was living with, from not being able to install the New Blue packs properly to the constant crashing, but my biggest bug bear on two version was the two second pause on certain crossfades which was never fixed even though I sent Cyberlink samples and posted a number of tickets. I still use it for some editing as it does have some fantastic features but it gave me the push to go over to the Sony Vegas Pro12 Suite which I find incredibly professional.

Don’t get me wrong Vegas does crash from time to time like any programme but except for a restart it never costs me any valuable time or lost work and the results are brilliant and it is so flexible and I can edit with full HD preview without any type of shadow file creation.

Needless to say I won't be doing any further upgrading on PD.

I've tried Movie Studio and liked it! I think that the full Vegas edit program actually offers more than PD12 but not in the effects side of things, it is a more sophisticated edit platform.

cheers I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.