Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio track crashes
[Post New]
Spoke too soon!

Inserted the fish sample movie and split the audio track which went in to the Voice track. Put in a fade at start of the audio and a fade out at the end. I then decided to drag the track in to the Music track - Operation Failed! it said. Now there is no audio track anywhere, it just disappeared.

As an experiment I then split the audio of another movie, which again went in to the Voice track. Dragged it to the Music track - no problem. Seems like PD7 doesn't like dragging where there are fades. Now, with the track in the Music track I add the fades and this time just try to drag further along the timeline. No go. Abnormal termination and PD7 closes with an option to send the crash report to Microsoft.

Anybody replicate this?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Andrew,

I could not replicates this issue when I tried over the weekend.

Can you do a re-install please Andrew and then try again.

Dafydd
[Thumb - sdukpdb112.gif]
 Filename
sdukpdb112.gif
[Disk]
 Description
issue test displayed.
 Filesize
17 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
213 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 12. 2008 05:16

[Post New]
Hi Dafydd

Many thanks for trying to replicate my problem.

I notice however on your screenshot you've done something slightly different. What I did was split the audio track off first, then put in audio fades at the start and end.

Merci!

Andrew
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry Andrew,

It was the way I wrote it up in the image.

I still cant replicate the problem. I just tried it again. Heck, you were fast to answer.

Dafydd
[Post New]
I think there still might be a misunderstanding here...

Just to rule it out - when I look at your graphic as well as the text box, I see the fades are combined audio/video ones. My fades were audio only. Are you saying (puts spotlight on Dafydd with menacing grimaces) you've now re-done it with audio fades only and it still won't crash?

Andrew
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
With a quivering finger and a nervous twitch.... I look with firmness at the keyboard. Typing and snapping images of glory, I look with a puzzled glazed and a "what the heck" crying shoulder shrug....Oh Andrew..... what have you done???

I cant replicate and I'm ringing you... and you are NOT there in far off Scotland. As the anthem goes "Till we meet again..."

Dafydd
[Thumb - sdukpdb113.jpg]
 Filename
sdukpdb113.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
4 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
187 time(s)
[Thumb - sdukpdb114.jpg]
 Filename
sdukpdb114.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
5 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
208 time(s)

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at May 12. 2008 06:09

RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Andrew,

I have PD7 build 1628a installed and I cannot replicate your problem either.
I placed the aquarium in the time line, split the audio, which was then placed in the voice track, applied fade in/out to voice track only, then moved it into the music track, no problems encountered
I then moved the music track along the timeline without a problem.

I hope Dafydd can put you on the right track ( sorry for the pun)

Regards

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
[Post New]
Hi Robert and Dafydd

Thanks to you both for trying this issue.

Well, now I can't replicate either. Very strange. I also found in another instance of PD7 when I clicked on the recording studio it crashed there too, (so badly I couldn't end the process but had to hard reset) but again I can't replicate that.

Hmmm. I have been having an issue with my keyboard sending repeated keystrokes, so maybe that's been the problem.

By the way, the ability to increase the vertical height of the timeline seems hit or miss to me too. I can't drag it up unless I zoom to include the entire timeline. Maybe that's by design.

Thanks again

Andrew