Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
won't burn disc with custom disk menu
scubafish [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 05, 2013 01:06 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I can create, save and preview custom disc menus in create disc on PD11 but when I try to burn it comes up with error code: eC00C0005. I apply to all pages, configure the driver and jump through any other required hoops but still have this problem. Claims my file/files may be damaged or missing. This is not the case at all! I've even tried using smaller files such as still pics or short low qual vid but nothing works. It's saving my custom menu but won't let me burn with it.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi scubafish -

There must be something about the custom menu PD doesn't "like". I've burnt many discs with custom menus in various configurations and never had that problem.

Does it have a video background? or a still image? If possible could you upload it to DirectorZone and post the link? then members might be able to test it. If it has a video background, you won't be able to do that.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
scubafish [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 05, 2013 01:06 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I'm using a 35second bit of footage I produced in PD11 with a jpeg still image layered on top. The custom menu I'm using is the one provided with PD11. It will save my "custom made" menu and allow me to view as if it's working but at burn time it pops up with the above mentioned error code. All of the preset disc menu options work and burn just fine, it just doesn't like disc menus created in "create menu" option of create disc. I'm only using cyberlink software and upgraded just a few days ago. I have tried removing elements and producing said footage at really low qual to reduce size but nothing works. Even tried just with stills to see what happened. Nothing did!
JonathanC [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Gloucestershire, UK Joined: Feb 05, 2014 05:22 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I am having this problem too, with the trial version of PD 11. Jonathan