Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Create Disc
Thomas [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 09, 2008 11:41 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Anyone know how to burn a disc after you have created a DVD folder? I'm kindof new to all of this. Appreciate any comments. Thanks!
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
You can use a disc burning software such as Power2Go to burn the folder.
The VideoTS Folder is the one.
Also,
Inside the TS folder, the vob file can be dragged into the pd6-7 library and placed in the timeline. Not sure if you can retrieve the menu.

Please, corrections anyone?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 10. 2008 20:23

Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
There are two folders to transfer to a DVD writing software.
AUDIO_TS
VIDEO_TS
Both have to be placed in the DVD

While one may be empty it is the Video_TS folder which as Barry has stated contains the video information.

Using Power2Go for example you can add additional information to a DVD disc. Create a new folder and place any additional data you wish.

Barry covered this with a good answer - I've just added a bit more.

Dafydd
Milan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 14, 2008 06:53 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Just got PD 7 and it looks great. However, I checked the "Create a disk without a menu" button in Create Disk module and can not un-check it. Is this a bug? Milan
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Milan,
Post a new topic
Dafydd
[Moderator]
Thomas [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 09, 2008 11:41 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
So when I go to Power2Go and try to add the folders it only let me open them to view what is inside? I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong.

After I burn the folders will it play like a normal dvd or is it just a Data DVD?

Which Option do I check on Power2go? Data DVD?
waltonnz0 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 12, 2008 06:29 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
I've burned two disks now from a folder - one using PD 6 and one using the new PD 7. I did both in exactly the same way. I opened my video burning software, chose Video and then DVD Video_TS.

When the window opened I searched for the files - Audio_TS and Video_TS that had been saved to the folder.

In my burner software there was a disk icon called Video_TS. I dragged the saved Video_TS file onto it. It opened into several files in the right panel. I did not drag the Audio_TS file as I'd read somewhere on the Internet, that is was unnecessary. I then clicked on Burn and away it went. Both disks played just fine on my stand-alone DVD player.

I should add that I had added Chapters and a menu to the second disk and they were there as well.