Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 7 - Bluray on DVD recognized as "Data Disc" on PS3
SilverAlfa [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 30, 2008 05:55 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Hi !
I,ve just bought PD7 and am verry happy with it.

I've imported two m2ts clips and then created a disc using the option "Bluray (on DVD)".

This DVD is then recognized as "Data disc" in my PS3 !

However, it is played perfectly with Nero Showtime (with Bluray plugin) as a Bluray disc, on my PC (in the BD drive, of course).

Any idea what to do in PD7, to make the disc recognizable in the PS3 ?

Thanks
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
PS3?
Rick [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Cuba via Miami now Living in L.A. Joined: Mar 07, 2008 17:03 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: PS3?
PS3=Sony's Playstation 3 game console, which has a Blu-Ray player built in and is an easy way for people to add that capability to their home DVD viewing system. For much the same price as a dedicated BD player you get a very capable player, game system, and home theatre interface device in one. It also has internet capabilities and can handle AVCHD output.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 08. 2008 17:14

CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

It is not a Blu-ray Disc that you created (as the name indicates), it is Blu-ray Disc file format, on a DVD...so it won't be recognized as a Blu-ray Disc...

I did on search on Google...and I found a whole list of people saying they have problems playing BDMV on DVD on PS3s...you should check to find a suitable solution.

Thanks

David
Bernard's F [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 12, 2006 01:52 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I think PS3 got a problem on BDMV on DVD. Would you try AVCHD?

The content should be the same for you. But make sure your PS3 firmware is upgraded to support AVCHD playing.
SilverAlfa [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 30, 2008 05:55 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I did try AVCHD on DVD and it works perfectly on the PS3. Only the BDMV on DVD doesn't work.