Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How can MUTE VOLUME on many many clips with one step?
Sonnie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 30, 2013 10:59 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi.
How can mute volume for example in 150 clips (with one shot) of 200 with one step, and not ONE by ONE for 150 time?
Thanks so much
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Welcome Sonnie,

Why the double post? This is not a bulletin board or Cyberlink support. Double posting will not give you an answer faster. Please edit the title of one of the thread to indicate that it is a duplicate.

Thanks

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Sonnie [Avatar]
[Post New]
Excuseme...was my fault. I was thinking that my POST was'nt on THREAD.
Let me know how i can do something to change
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Other than stevek is correct, he also could have answered your question....

I do not believe you can do a global mute. There are several ways to eliminate audio from your video clips. Select each one separately as you put it in the timeline and you can...

mute the audio
unlink the audio then mute it separately
better.... this is what I do when I do not want the audio with a video clip..... unlink the audio from the video and delete the audio segment.... __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
I honestly didn't know the answer and I looked for it. If I had it, I would have posted it rather than what I did.

What I was going to suggest was to make sure all 150 clips were in the order you wanted them, output the project to a video file (mpg2) , bring it back into the program and then mute the one resultant clip. Although the process is not fast, it would be thorough and more fool proof then trying to mute them one by one. You could then add the audio you want. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
That would work well too..... if you did not want any audio from any of the clips.... __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
For some reason I've got into the habit of rendering multiple clips into a single one and then using that for final tweaks. This method would certainly work here.

p.s. - Note to self "read the thread properly SteveK already suggested it!!"

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 30. 2013 12:52

Sonnie [Avatar]
[Post New]
STEVEK and BUBBA...thanks however so much for availability.
stevek
[Post New]
Quote: STEVEK and BUBBA...thanks however so much for availability.

You are welcome; good luck. .
keglined [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 12, 2013 15:39 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Bottom line: you cannot adjust a track's volume, as a whole. You can "normalize" (which is mostly garbage, anyway), but you cannot lower or raise an entire track's volume. You must do it clip by clip.

One of several dozen "you gotta be kidding, right?" moments with this software.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
You can adjust a whole track's volume in the audio mixing room, the horizontal slider adjusts the whole track.

The Vertical slider adjusts the Clip volume.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.