Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
burning error code 0
Lynnwilx13 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Kent Joined: May 06, 2008 17:54 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
hello
I am a novice with this making movies lark, I have PD6 and I receive a burning error code 0 when I try to burn to disc what can it be please help.
Thank you
Lynn Regards
Lynn
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Lynn,

Welcome, we all were beginners at video editing at one time and I would encourage you to ask questions and to experiment.... it's fun.

The error message you've experienced isn't known to me so I will require some more details even an image please.

Have a look here first of all please:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2405.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
I'd like you to specifically read Parts A, D, E and F. I would also like you to look at Part H and see if you can do those tests.

I've written these guides to help... please post your results and let me know how you get on.

Dafydd
Lynnwilx13 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your reply Dafydd,
I tried again and suceeded. The first time I produced my movie I chose the DVX one thats when I got the error message 0 when I tried to burn to disc.
Tonight I produced it in MPEG 2? and it burned no problem.

I do have one question though...... I added 8 chapters to my movie but try as I might I could not get them to show when I was in the menu maker bit (is that what its called) can this be done or not?
regards
Lynn Regards
Lynn
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Lynn,

In PD6 and PD7 the maximum number of Menu Buttons displayed at one time is 6 and after that the DVD section will create another page. You can add buttons to a display in both PD6 and PD7.

I made the following video - it's for PD7 but the priciples are the same in PD6.
http://seemyworldonvideo.com/view/165/dvd-menu-adding-buttons/

Hope it helps.

Dafydd
Lynnwilx13 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd
Your little video was great and I'm sure I can learn from it. Tell me....
When I watched your movements I noticed you never produced your little fish movie do you have to produce before you burn or can you skip that part...
One more question is it worth me upgrading to PD7?
Thanks for your help
Lynn Regards
Lynn
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Lynn,

The "fish" movie is the standard Aquarium.mpg found in all PD's.

Editing: I edit my video in short sections and output (Produce) a number of videos. I then bring the video back into PD to finish off the process. This is my way of working. I don't like working on mega long video all in one go. It's also what the pro's do. You do NOT need to Produce. You can have everything in the timeline, work on it and then go straight to Create Disc.

You choose which you are comfortable with.

Upgrading - PD7 has more and is better. There are a couple of things that need resolving but these are going to be sorted. Yes, it's worth upgrading.

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 08. 2008 15:21

Lynnwilx13 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the advice Dafydd if you say its worth upgrading then I will
as long as you are around for all my moans and groans
chat soon
regards
Lynn Regards
Lynn