Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
You Tube videos won't play again!!!
[Post New]
It seems that You Tube is playing around with there code again. I read somewhere that You Tube is going to start encrypting there videos soon. Especially Vevo video's.

But for right now, the You Tube feature in Cyberlink PowerDVD 13 Ultra is now broken again for the most part. There are still some videos that play, but all the Vevo videos come up with an error message saying PowerDVD can't play this video.

It then gives you a link to You Tube's website to be able to play that video in your web browser. Which totally defeats being able to play You Tube Vevo video's in high quality using PowerDVD 13.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 29. 2013 01:49

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Please post a link to an example.

Never mind ! I tried to play a couple of the Vevo videos and I got the same message except the program hung and I had to use Task Manager to close it.

BTW, You can still watch those videos in 1080p with the YouTube link. You may have to adjust the resolution though.

What you can't do is to set up a play list.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 17. 2013 08:15

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
UPDATE: You Tube must of fixed there problems.

All You Tube Videos are now working again in PowerDVD13. That also includes Vevo Videos.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Aug 21. 2013 08:08

jamestroy [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 25, 2013 09:30 Messages: 59 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks. So the problem fixed it self then? Or did you change anything on the setup?
[Post New]
@jamestroy

The problem I guess was with the You Tube site. I didn't have to change anything with PowerDVD13 Ultra. It just started working again after several days. So, all is well for now.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Sep 22. 2013 00:12

Pete 12 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Aug 21, 2012 09:07 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
PDVD13 1305 plays all the YouTubes,EXEPT these Vevo-vids, on my machine ( Dutch).
This for a long time now,surprised they play on your machine now,whats wrong with these Vevo-(YouTube?)vids ?? Do NOT GIVE UP!! CyberLink updates PDVD12 next month for solving these frustrating problem!!
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
I have both PDVD 12 and 13 (on two different computers) and neither play those music files. I checked this morning. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Pete 12 [Avatar]
[Post New]
OK,Stevek, so what can we do to make these files playing in our PDVD 13??
Why cant PDVD 13 play these files, its YouTube ( or its Vevo ???),anyway PDVD 13 shows these Vevo-files in the YouTube-previeuws.
Maybe you know more then I do,but one thing is for sure;it simply has to play these files !! Do NOT GIVE UP!! CyberLink updates PDVD12 next month for solving these frustrating problem!!
[Post New]
@pete 12, @Stevek

UPDATE: After Stevek just posted his comment above. I opened PowerDVD 13 up to check if I could still play my Vevo Videos like I was able to a couple days ago when they just started working again.

And sure enough it's broken again. Same problem as before. What is going on here. This is ridiculous!!!

I even tried playing Vevo Videos in PowerDVD Mobile and had the same problem as in PowerDVD 13 Ultra desktop program.

I'm just going to wait a few days like I did before and see if the Vevo videos just start working again like they did several days ago.

So far NO joy as of 9-25-13!!!

This message was edited 7 times. Last update was at Sep 25. 2013 02:28

[Post New]
I wish Cyberlink would send out more incremental updates to fix all the problems everybody is having on a more frequent basis.

It would be a real proactive approach to it's customers. I am sure everybody is so tired of how long they have to wait for the next UPDATE to come out, and hope they addressed there specific problem with the program!!!

This is a very poor business model practice on there part. Just think how many customers tell there friends don't buy PowerDVD because of the constant problems with the program, and how long it takes Cyberlink to fix everybody's problems with there software!!!

Huge loss of revenue to Cyberlink!!! What a shame.
stevek
[Post New]
Hi Gerald, I can p;lay the videos except for VEVO videos. If I try to play one of them (I tried several) the program crashes (shuts down) and offers to send a crash report. I have no problems restarting and playing other than VEVO videos.

I bet it has something to do with the advertisements being blocked. I don;t know why it worked for a short time.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 17. 2013 06:41

[Post New]
Stevek

After reading your post I went to You Tube and played several VEVO Videos.

The VEVO Videos just started playing. There were NO advertisements ever played during playback of any videos.

When I start to try and play a VEVO Video in PowerDVD 13 Ultra my system puts up the warning about PowerDVD 13 can't play the video and gives me a link to You Tube to play the video there.

But, it doesn't crash it just goes to the next video and starts playing it provided it's not a VEVO Video. Then I get the same warning as explained above. So, I don't think that's the problem.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 17. 2013 14:02

stevek
[Post New]
Quote: Stevek

After reading your post I went to You Tube and played several VEVO Videos.

The VEVO Videos just started playing. There were NO advertisements ever played during playback of any videos.

When I start to try and play a VEVO Video in PowerDVD 13 Ultra my system puts up the warning about PowerDVD 13 can't play the video and gives me a link to You Tube to play the video there.

But, it doesn't crash it just goes to the next video and starts playing it provided it's not a VEVO Video. It it is I get the same warning as explained above. So, I don't think that's the problem.

I'm in the US so YouTube may be different if you are elsewhere. I opened about 10 vevo videos and got a full screen advertisement on all but one. That one had a partial screen advertisement. Post a link to one that doesn't have an ad and I'll see if I get one. .
[Post New]
@stevek

I'm in the US too. However, I'm using Firefox 23.0.1 with plenty of plugins some that block ads. So that's probably why I don't see any advertisements.

I don't see any advertisements on any web pages I visit for that matter. That includes You Tube.

So, that might be the problem why PowerDVD 13 Ultra can't play Vevo Videos. We might have narrowed down what the real problem is with trying to play Vevo Videos in PowerDVD 13. But, It could also be Vevo Videos are encrypted. And they must be played on You Tube's web site directly.

However, it's still totally unclear what the real problem is at this point. Is it You Tube, or is it PowerDVD 13?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 21. 2013 11:49

Pete 12 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry Bro, we are in Europe with IE 10,in Win7,on PDVD 13 1305. No VEVO-You-Tubes here at all !! Does not crash either and the previews are shown,but PDVD 13 still does not play these You-Tubes ( are these "VEVOs" You-Tube-movies ,I wonder )

Another thing that I need to mention is; a few weeks ago PDVD 13 showed the previews of much more You-Tubes then it does now!
These days about 24 movies, it used to be about 50 movies!!

So what is going wrong with You-Tube ( or PDVD 13?? ) ? Do NOT GIVE UP!! CyberLink updates PDVD12 next month for solving these frustrating problem!!
[Post New]
Still can"t play Vevo Videos in PowerDVD 13, Guess I'll have wait for the next update!!! Whenever that might be available.

And still have no idea if they will even address this issue in the next update.

So far NO joy as of 10 -1-13!!!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 01. 2013 07:16

Pete 12 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well it seems not be related to the country, you American, me in Europe,so the problem is caused by YouTube ( or Vevo ??).
A few months ago PDVD13 played all these movies, incl. all the previeuws, and it played them well after the update too, untill a few weeks ago,no more Vevo-movies and only a few YouTubes !

Still no luck so far, is there anybody in the CyberLink-team paying some attention to this frustrating and dissapointing problem??! Do NOT GIVE UP!! CyberLink updates PDVD12 next month for solving these frustrating problem!!
[Post New]
What's very interesting is I can use any of the Metro UI You Tube programs and ALL Vevo video's work fine.

But, If I use PowerDVD 13 Mobile Vevo Videos don't work just like the Desktop PowerDVD 13 program.

So, by now we can pretty much come to the conclusion that the problem is with PowerDVD 13 desktop and or PowerDVD 13 Metro programs.

That's why Vevo Videos won't play in either PowerDVD 13 programs.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 01. 2013 07:32

Pete 12 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok, seems logical, and what and when ( ??) is the CyberLink-team fixing this problem ?
This problem still exists for a long time now,nothing happens so far??!

Maybe CyberLink-Michael can help ? Do NOT GIVE UP!! CyberLink updates PDVD12 next month for solving these frustrating problem!!
[Post New]
Just updated to PowerDVD 13 to build 3313 and it still won't play You Tube Vevo Videos.

I been waiting since 8-5-13 which was the last update. Which is almost 3-months ago waiting for Cyberlink to fix PowerDVD13 to be able to play Vevo Videos and I still get the same old error message saying PowerDVD 13 can not play this file click on the link to be able to play this video in your web browser.

This is Ridiculous!!!