Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PhD Crash Reports
Reeltripp [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 16, 2013 11:41 Messages: 46 Offline
[Post New]
I have been getting more and more program crashes as my picture count goes up. I'm at 7,575 now. I have been filling out the popup error report with exactly what I was doing at the time and included my email address.

I think there is a problem with the Faces database getting so large, mine is about 250 mb. Backup will not save my Faces file and export will not save it either. I have to backup using windows to copy the project folder. So far I have not lost any data (knock on wood), and I have had success by opening a small test project, then using Project Open to open my main project. After a couple of unsuccessful trys I will reboot my PC. Each crash generates an error report. I had at least 20 today. Is anyone looking at the error reports? Do I need to keep filling them out? Is there a problem with large projects?
[Post New]
Hello Reeltripp,

I'm sorry you're having all those crashes. I'm not sure whether the number of photos in your project are part of the issue.

Here, I tend not to work with such heavily populated projects. Rather, I have separate projects for particular purposes. That's just a personal preference. Unfortunately, that means I can't offer any comparable experience.

In earlier builds of PhD4 I did experience repeated "stopped working" moments using the body shaper tools, but the issue has not been widely reported.

Regarding the boomerang reports, I believe these are sent to CyberLink & become part of a database. Have you contacted Technical Support? https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Just a couple of things that may help:
- After a "crash", give your PC a cold boot (shutdown > startup)
- Make sure your GPU driver is up-to-date
- Always install the latest PhD update

You may be right about the size of the project & the face tags database. Could you please post a DxDiag for your PC? There may be some clues in that.
- just go to Start & type dxdiag in the search box
- select dxdiag.exe & let it run
- Save all information as a text file & attach it here

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Reeltripp [Avatar]
[Post New]
Disappointed to hear about possible size issue. At 1.2gb and 7,800 pictures I'm only halfway there.

Tried to insert the dxdiag.txt but got an error on submitting. Will try to sent first page.

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 8/16/2013, 12:30:38
Machine name: REELTRIPP
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130708-1532)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: p7-1254
BIOS: Ver: HOL_715.ROM vHOL7.15
Processor: AMD A6-3620 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 7666MB RAM
Page File: 3475MB used, 11856MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode
Reeltripp [Avatar]
[Post New]
Submitted a question to tech support-
Question ID = CS001285895
Reeltripp [Avatar]
[Post New]
Tech Support told me to update my graphics driver and that seemed to have fixed the problem, at least PhD has started twice okay.
[Post New]
Hello Reeltripp,

I hope that suggestion helps keep your PhD functioning in a more stable way.

When I agreed with you that the size of your project could be an issue, I was being more speculative than definitive.

PIX

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 17. 2013 14:02

PIX YouTube channel
Reeltripp [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well the fix did not last long. On the 3rd try it crashed. I tried 6 more times, doing various things. Then I had to create a dump file for Tech Support. With the Task Manager going, I started PhD to get a snap shot of the process. Lo & behold, it loaded and ran just fine.

Since I suspect a problem with the faces database (Export and Backup still don't work) I select "Unknown Faces" and since I don't have any, no pictures are displayed. Then I shut down. This is working right now.