Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Olympus video + PD, aspect ratio?
artzie [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Finland Joined: Nov 19, 2010 19:49 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Does anyone of You have Olympus (Tough tg 620 waterproof pocket) camera? I just by one, and it's great, but my PowerDirector (old v. 9) doesn't work with Youtube (video aspect ratio is not right). I don't want to by new 11 version of PD, if it doesn't work right with this video + Youtube.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Does anyone of You have Olympus (Tough tg 620 waterproof pocket) camera? I just by one, and it's great, but my PowerDirector (old v. 9) doesn't work with Youtube (video aspect ratio is not right). I don't want to by new 11 version of PD, if it doesn't work right with this video + Youtube.

Hi artzie,
A video is a video.... Please upload a 5 second sample clip off your camera for members to test.

All you need do is point the camera at something, record 5 seconds, then take the recorded file and attach it to your reply. 5 seconds.... is more than enough for members to look at and to let you know how PDR11 copes with it and YouTube etc.

Select Post Reply or this link: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/quote/0/161334.page and then the attachment button.

Dafydd
artzie [Avatar]
[Post New]
Example in bad light, so don't look the quality of video.

Filename
P8141163.MOV
[Disk]
 Description
Orig file.
 Filesize
6446 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
230 time(s)
[Thumb - PD_test.png]
 Filename
PD_test.png
[Disk]
 Description
Example image.
 Filesize
47 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
70 time(s)
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Please explain "video aspect ratio is not right".

Does this look right? PD11.

Removed video

On you tube, are you selecting the correct video resolution? In PD 9 are you selecvtign the right resolution. Note it has been awhile since I used PD 9 so I don't remember the options.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Aug 14. 2013 13:35

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
artzie [Avatar]
[Post New]
See my attachment --> "Description Example image."

Your video look right, yes.

Edit:
PD project aspect ratio 16:9
PD to Youtube HD Quality (1280 x 720) as my settings are in camera.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 14. 2013 10:47

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: See my attachment --> "Description Example image."

Your video look right, yes.

Edit:
PD project aspect ratio 16:9
PD to Youtube HD Quality (1280 x 720) as my settings are in camera.

So I gather that you have an answer to your original question.

Your image shows letterbox. It may be the way you processed it in PD 9. I rather not speculate further. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
artzie [Avatar]
[Post New]
"processed it in PD 9" ?

I only load that example in PD, save project/Youtube. With settings above...
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi atzie -

There's no issue with PD9 processing your Olympus videos correctly... or PD11. The videos produced are in correct 16:9 AR

You've used PD's YouTube uploader, which renders your MOV files to WMV format, but you've chosen the correct profile. There is a problem with the way YouTube handles the upload!

Here's your video produced in PD9 with a custom MOV profile (1280x720) & uploaded manually - http://youtu.be/jm7u5p972AE
Here's it is uploaded through PD9 http://youtu.be/N716Zi3aUdo
Here's another PD9 direct upload with the tag "yt:stretch=16:9" added - http://youtu.be/UGJhGcI2_7o

I have no explanation for what happens between PD & YT, but I know it's not an uncommon problem. Adding the "yt:stretch=16:9" tag does the trick.

Cheers - Tony

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
artzie [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Tony, work's fine now!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Glad it's working for you artzie.

I've only ever seen this issue occur using the direct YouTube uploader in PD8 & PD9, but not consistently. I don't recall it being reported in later versions of PD.

Don't worry - you're not alone - even CyberLink channel videos are afflicted - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P0BZ-iFdLk

The issue doesn't occur if you upload manually through your channel & not if you use the tag to force the YT player to display it correctly.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
artzie [Avatar]
[Post New]
It's not important, but the tag doesn't have effect in the mobile version. Maybe I have to write a letter to mr. Youtube about this? Annoying anyway...