Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Help with getting VIDEO PREVIEW window back ...
SeaLyon99 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 26, 2013 09:16 Messages: 79 Offline
[Post New]
Stupid question I know, but somehow I've managed to hide the Video Preview window and I can't find a way to get it back. I've searched the menus, hot-keys, & preferences but can't find anything related to viewing the preview window. I'm obviously missing something, can anyone please help. Thanks.
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

look top right- click here and keep clicking that icon to reset it back to the original dock.

R
[Thumb - Preview options2.PNG]
 Filename
Preview options2.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
10 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
219 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 11. 2013 09:58

PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
SeaLyon99 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm not showing any icons to the left of the PowerDirector. It's blank to the left of the blue arrow.
SeaLyon99 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Fixed it but don't know why or how. Shut PD down and restarted and the VIDEO PREVIEW is back. Is this a bug or feature? Is there a way to manually restore it if it goes away again?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Fixed it but don't know why or how. Shut PD down and restarted and the VIDEO PREVIEW is back. Is this a bug or feature? Is there a way to manually restore it if it goes away again?

Hi SeaLyon99,
The "bug" is to do with a graphics card driver not displaying the data correctly. Sometimes running one's cursor over the icons will bring up the image/correction.
Check your drivers are uptodate. This is an issue for Nvidia users mainly. I haven't read any such for AMD/ATI users.
Dafydd
Edit: If this happens to you again, post your diagnostic file and perhaps we can assist you. Part B: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/24771.page

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 12. 2013 08:07

SeaLyon99 [Avatar]
[Post New]
OK, thanks. My machine is a Lenovo W530 with Nvidia Quadro K2000M & Intel HD4000. Truthfully, I'm not sure which graphic system is being used. I've enabled the use of OpenCL in my preferences but I'm not sure if that would definitely enable the K2000M. Any ideas? Would there be much functional difference using K2000M vs. HD4000? I believe I have the latest drivers. Do you know what specific Nvidia drivers are needed to keep this from happening?