Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Multiple Frame Rates
medlgl [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 07, 2013 14:40 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
I just finished making a 58-minute movie using PD 11 Ult. Suite. During a final review of the movie before producing it, I found that my Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 shot some video clips at 29.97 fps, and others (most) at 59.94 fps. I also have some other video contributors in my movie, who shot their videos at 24 fps.

I tried changing my PD- 11 settings (frames per second) to NTSC 60 (it was defaulted at 30 fps), in order to cover the videos shot at 59.94 fps; however, the setting always went back to 30 fps on its own. My question is if this is going to be a problem when it comes time to produce, or author, or burn the DVD; and/or if this will negatively affect the video's performance when playing on a TV set (at 30 fps).

Because my ignorance has gotten the best of me with this issue, I look forward to getting the benefit of someone else's experience with this issue.

Sincerely,

"medlgl"
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
When producing, PD will add frames to make up the difference. I personally have never noticed any problem with quality, but others on here have spent more time studying this exact issue and will probably give you more details. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
medlgl [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 07, 2013 14:40 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, Jamie. I will continue to await other potential replies. But, your credibility as a senior contributor on this site will help me to feel better about this issue should I not receive any additional replies from others having had experience with this issue.

Sincerely,
medlgl