Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Date/Time Frame Overlay
BobKY
Newbie Location: Louisville KY Joined: Mar 29, 2013 18:10 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I need the date and time overlaid onto the video frames from my Panasonic AVCHD camcorder files. Please forgive if this has been covered in this forum but the search engine won't turn up existing threads using key words like "date time stamp" and so forth.

The Panasonic cameras (and Sony also I think) will not superimpose a date time stamp in each *.mts file video frame.

Anyone know if that metadata is contained in the *.mts file? Or is it contained in one of the other accompanying files on the camera's memory card.

Anyone know a hack for CLPD that will import that date time stamp into the *.mts video frames?

Thank you.
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Bob,

It would be great to have an auto feature like this.
Here is a thread for PD10 that discusses this- might provide some added knowledge:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/22697.page

If I need to do this type of overlay I would do it manually:
1.)Drag the mts into PD Media Room > right click view properties, copy or type out the relevant info and save to an open notepad .txt file.

2.)Then in PD create / modify a text or title box from the Title Room (F7) and place in the timeline below my mts video clip. Copy the info from your notepad file into it. Now drag title box to the lenght of your mts file to overlay the entire clip.

A bit of a pain if you have a lot of clips- but not too bad with only a few.

(You also use the "Show Chapter Track" by right clicking anywhere on the timeline- but I find this very limited so I just use my own custom Title text boxes for everything that need subtitling.)

R
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be