Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 8 Online Registration not sending serial
Andrew [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 07, 2007 06:38 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I have repeatedly tried to register my v8 serial but my account still registers it as a Trial. Anyone else seeing this?

I will contact support shortly.

And what's with this forum repeatedly asking for a logon???
Daisuke [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Oct 03, 2006 06:25 Messages: 354 Offline
[Post New]
It's PowerDVD8's bug.
CyberLink will fix it.
sth270355 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 18, 2006 11:48 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I've received the following from the Support team this morning.....

''We understand your concern related with PowerDVD 8 Ultra software.

In response to your concern, we regret to inform you that the registration records are not showing the CD-Key of PowerDVD 8 Ultra due to a Bug of the software.

We are going to release an upgrade patch/build of PowerDVD 8 Ultra on 30th April'08 in order to resolve this issue.

Therefore, we suggest you to keep visiting our website "www.cyberlink.com" for any further updates regarding the availability of this upgrade patch.''

Lets hope this will sort out all the problems.....
Steve
Andrew [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 07, 2007 06:38 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you.
Sami [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 04, 2008 07:16 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Is this problem solved for others? My now patched PowerDVD still does not send Serial information during registration.
sth270355 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've still got the registration problems.

Have been waitin g for a response from the Support Team for a couple of days now, but I guess they could be on holidays. (May day etc?) Steve
Marcel [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 08, 2007 17:13 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Also still having the same problem. The Update didn't fix the problem.
sth270355 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've received the following response from Support.....

''Please note that registration issue is not yet solved and therefore the patch which you have installed is not solution for this problem. The concern department will release a patch to fix this issue. We will further update you as soon as we get any information from the concern department about the release of patch that will fix the issue.''

No doubt we'll get something eventually! Steve
sth270355 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Good news all.

This has now been resolved, but you must contact Support to get a download link for the full product at the 1730 build level (around 118Mb).

You will then need to uninstall your current version, and then install the new copy. Activate using your CD key, then register and its all there on the website! Steve
Daisuke [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Oct 03, 2006 06:25 Messages: 354 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for your information.