Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Large multicoloured Pixel Blocks when producing a file
brinsley [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 07, 2007 19:28 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I have just upgraded PD10 to PD11 and am experiencing problems when I try to produce a file. I never had problems with PD 10. I originally uploaded to youtube and thought it was a fault at YouTube but having produced a local file the blocking is on that too. I have removed and reinstalled PD 11 and rebuilt Quicktime too but can't work out what's going on.
I am using windows 7 64 bit with all the latest drivers and the latest build of PD11 ver 11.0.0.3026. My graphics card is an AMD 7900 series with catalyst 13.4
Are there any brilliant brains out there that can point me in the right direction
Thanks in advance
[Thumb - Blocking.jpg]
 Filename
Blocking.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Screenshot of produced file
 Filesize
352 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
74 time(s)
 Filename
Brinsley64DxDiag.zip
[Disk]
 Description
DXDIAG 64
 Filesize
8 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
513 time(s)
 Filename
BrinsleyDxDiag.zip
[Disk]
 Description
DXDIAG
 Filesize
7 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
188 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I have just upgraded PD10 to PD11 and am experiencing problems when I try to produce a file. I never had problems with PD 10. I originally uploaded to youtube and thought it was a fault at YouTube but having produced a local file the blocking is on that too. I have removed and reinstalled PD 11 and rebuilt Quicktime too but can't work out what's going on.
I am using windows 7 64 bit with all the latest drivers and the latest build of PD11 ver 11.0.0.3026. My graphics card is an AMD 7900 series with catalyst 13.4
Are there any brilliant brains out there that can point me in the right direction
Thanks in advance

Hi brinsley,
Do you use Shadow edit files?
What are your Preferences setting re: Hardware acceleration? Unchecking HA may help in this instance.
Preference setting, Produce, Have you checked/selected any option here?
What background programs are running while you are rendering the video?
Your PC requires you to focus resources on the render process as you have limited CPU capability for HD editing (I'm guessing you're editing HD)
Dafydd
brinsley [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply....here is some of the setup

In Preferences

Under General
Enable HD Video Processing (Shadow file) is checked

Under Hardware Acceleration
OpenCL Technology is unchecked
Enable Hardware decoding is checked

Under Produce
Reduce Blocky Video Artifacts is Unchecked (I have tried with this on and off)
H.264 AVC is Unchecked

I don't have many background programmes running...only AVG and LogMeIn.....I had no problems with PD 10 when producing in HD
brinsley [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok so having the HARDWARE VIDEO ENCODER unchecked fixes the issue but its very slow

Now I need to know where the problem is...

How do I diagnose this, Presumably its either the graphics card or the AMD's CCC 13.4

Any ideas what to do next

Thanks
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Have a look here- some ideas: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/28244.page

Rolling back the driver, uninstalling catalyst etc.

R
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
brinsley [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks RobAC
I will try rolling the driver back to 12.8.....although I see AMD have just released a BETA version of 13.8
Now there's a dilemma...!!!
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Don't and I say DON"T use beta drivers!!!the name says it all BETA!!
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
brinsley [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks James...

So reading inbetween the lines. and taking your advice....

I guess rolling back to the other option version 12.8 is the ONLY answer
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
There isn't anything that is tragically going to happen by trying the beta drivers, but I doubt you will experience an improvement. I have tested every beta driver released on my system. I can't think of any instance where using a beta driver caused Power Director to fail. I can think of more instances where the current approved driver causes issues.

I think it is safe to say that using the latest graphic card driver is not the best option either.

The best advice is to find the driver version, which may be much older, that works on your system and stay with it. I try newer drivers to see if there are any improvements to Power Directors performance. I keep several driver versions on hand so that I can get back to what works on my system.

I use 12.10

Just an opinion.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 03. 2013 05:57

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
[Post New]
Quote: I have just upgraded PD10 to PD11 and am experiencing problems when I try to produce a file. I never had problems with PD 10. I originally uploaded to youtube and thought it was a fault at YouTube but having produced a local file the blocking is on that too. I have removed and reinstalled PD 11 and rebuilt Quicktime too but can't work out what's going on.
Thanks in advance

Just a question that was not clear to me you ta using SVRT?
I ask because me having problems in rendering, so I went back to reinstall PD10, it works very well SVRT.
In PD11 I do not use SVRT has errors in positions where it takes rederização. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
brinsley [Avatar]
[Post New]
I only have the hardware encode box enabled, the SVRT button is unchecked and can't be altered, so I guess that is something to do with my video card which is a XFX AMD Radeon HD 7950
[Post New]
Quote: I only have the hardware encode box enabled, the SVRT button is unchec

Here is installed Catalyst 13.4 works well in PD10 and PD11, however by past experience, I prefer to disable Harware Encoder.
I had many problems with updates Catalyst, I still have a problem or not, because PD closes out of nowhere sometimes.
AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks for the reply....here is some of the setup

In Preferences

Under General
Enable HD Video Processing (Shadow file) is checked

Under Hardware Acceleration
OpenCL Technology is unchecked
Enable Hardware decoding is checked

Under Produce
Reduce Blocky Video Artifacts is Unchecked (I have tried with this on and off)
H.264 AVC is Unchecked

I don't have many background programmes running...only AVG and LogMeIn.....I had no problems with PD 10 when producing in HD
Quote: Ok so having the HARDWARE VIDEO ENCODER unchecked fixes the issue but its very slow

Now I need to know where the problem is...

How do I diagnose this, Presumably its either the graphics card or the AMD's CCC 13.4

Any ideas what to do next

Thanks

Hi brinsley,
Thank you for the additional information.
The slowness of the process is caused by your lack of CPU processing power rather than anything else. You may (and I expect you are) editing and rendering your project BEFORE the shadow edit files have been created.
1. allow all shadow files to be created before starting any editing.*
2. rendering is a slow process and you must not have any background operations taking place that would strain or stress your CPU (Your CPU would process HD video without shadow files BUT you may have display issues if you multi-track HD files or add changes to video.).
*Failure to allow Shadow files to be created will mean your cpu is always trying to create them and failing, stressing and straining a cpu. This would lead to pixelation issues.

Please provide a screenshot of your project, Edit Workspace, full screen. It would confirm my assumptions regarding Shadow Edit files.

Just an opinion.

Dafydd
brinsley [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd

Thanks for your information, I am a little confused as to what screenshot you want exactly.
Do you just want a shot from the preference menu, general, showing the Enable HD video processing box checked
or am I missing something
I have got it to work without when I produce a file or upload to YouTube if I have the Hardware Video Encoder unchecked on the Produce, Online, page at the bottom, but its very slow to produce

Kind regards

Brinsley
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Dafydd

Thanks for your information, I am a little confused as to what screenshot you want exactly.
Do you just want a shot from the preference menu, general, showing the Enable HD video processing box checked
or am I missing something
I have got it to work without when I produce a file or upload to YouTube if I have the Hardware Video Encoder unchecked on the Produce, Online, page at the bottom, but its very slow to produce

Kind regards

Brinsley

Hi Brinsley,
The image I was after was of the the project in the Edit Workspace (where the tracks etc are). I would need a full screenshot. No rush as you have your pixel issue resolved.

"Slow to produce" - I'm afraid that will be the case if you're rendering to a format that can not use SVRT.

Dafydd
brinsley [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd

I have just grabbed a screen shot....Although I'm working in HD, I'm only using jpg photos and not movies, so I'm surprised that I might be overloading the system resources..

Kind regards

Brinsley
[Thumb - screengrab.jpg]
 Filename
screengrab.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
307 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
66 time(s)