Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Adjust Audio Synchronization
Familyghost [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 21, 2013 20:27 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
The video rendered by PD11 appears to have an offset audio problem. The audio track is roughly 1/2 second delayed throughout the entire movie output. This needs to be corrected.

How can this be done using the editor? I don't see a track sync or offset adjustment. Also the audio seems linked to the video. Can it be decoupled and slid one way or the other?

Thanks.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Audio Sync is not a common problem in Powerdirector 11.

The causes are many.

We need more information to help solve your problem

Part A Part B. Read Part D.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/24771.page
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

BillyR
Senior Member Location: Southeast US Joined: Jun 19, 2013 14:33 Messages: 156 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: The video rendered by PD11 appears to have an offset audio problem.
I'm a new user of this software myself, and have run into this problem from time to time with .wtv files that have been recorded with Windows Media Center.

You can unlink the audio and video tracks by right-clicking on the timeline and selecting "Unlink audio and video." You can then select either the audio track or the video clip and move them separately. If you zoom way in you can make very small adjustments. My sync problems with .wtvs were that the audio was slightly behind the video, and just moving the audio track about 00:00:00:05 to the right solved my problem.

Here is another solution that was provided me by a helpful person in the AudioDirector forum http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29137.page
that may be applicable:
If the WTV files are prone to go out of synch during editing, it might be worth considering producing the WTV files before any editing to the desired output format - then editing the produced files.

e.g. 1. Import WTV & insert in timeline
2. Produce to MPEG-4
3. Replace WTV with MPEG-4
4. Edit video & audio
5. Produce to MPEG-4 (same profile as 2.)

That might help avoid the issue.

PIX

If that fails I guess you'll have to spend a half-day or so gathering all that information and post it. Dell Precision 7510 Laptop
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit | Intel(R) XEON(R) CPU E3-1505M v5 @2.80 GHz
RAM: 32 GB
Windows Experience Index 7.5
BrianLeTech [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Brisbane Joined: Sep 08, 2012 00:06 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
BillyR is correct - some video formats need to be converted to a more stable format like MPEG4 before you start editing them..
Also, PowerDirector has a bug where the audio track gets 'busted' away from the Video track all by itself. This will cause a time displacement twix audio & video.
Eg. If you drag/extend the length of a Title clip by a second near the beginning of a video, every so often, all video clips after that point are 'busted' and their audio is now out of sync by 1 second. You can't see that this has happened until you save & re-load the project.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 22. 2013 11:00