Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 8 Deluxe and DTS
Stefan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 24, 2008 00:45 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

I have bought PowerDVD 8 Deluxe and now I have a problem. I can not play DVD-Movies with DTS-Audiostream in 5.1 Channel. I hear only Stereo. Is this normal for the Version 8 Deluxe. In Version 7 Deluxe I don't have this problem. I hope anybody can help me.
Simon [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 07, 2008 06:39 Messages: 59 Offline
[Post New]
It should work unless it's a DTS-ES stream in which case you will need to buy the DTS-ES addon pack.
Stefan [Avatar]
[Post New]
No it's a normal DTS-Stream.
Stefan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Where can I buy the Add-on-Pack for PowerDVD 8 Deluxe?
Steven [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 05, 2008 01:37 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I'd like to know when the Add-on Pack will be available I have a version of PowerDVD 8 Deluxe as well.

My PDVD8D's audio option is set as S/PDIF and it goes out to my 5.1ch speakers which does the decoding. My issue now is that if I play a DVD title that has DTS-ES stream (not normal DTS), the program will tell me that my current version do not have support for DTS-ES and I will need to upgrade. The movie will still play using DTS, but the player will not relinquish playback control until I click on the pop-up dialog box to visit the Cyberilnk website (where an Add-on is not even available yet).

Hopefully a Cyberlink rep can give us an ETA on when an Audio Add-On pack will be available for the PowerDVD 8 and PowerDVD8 Deluxe users.
Stefan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hallo Steven,

When you connected the PC via SP/DIF on an external receiver, the signal from the DVD should direct to the receiver. So you don't need any internal decoder to decode the signal. But when the software need allthough a decoder, then is this another bug in the software.
Steven [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hmm....

So you are saying this is actually a bug on PDVD8 when S/PDIF out is chosen as Audio Option?

As of right now, I get the following scenarios for differetn audio tracks on movies S/PDIFs out to my 5.1ch Speakers.

DD - Plays DD normally
DTS - Plays DTS normally
DTS-ES - Messages tells me to Upgrade to Audio Pack, won't relinquish playback control until I click on the message box to visit website. Once playback control is regained, the speaker still plays the DTS track.

Back when I was using PowerDVD 5 "normal" version on my old system, I play the same Disc with the same DTS-ES track selected out to the same 5.1ch speaker, no pop up messages told me I needed to upgrade anything and the DTS-ES track played on my speaker (display shows as DTS) without further issues. Like stefan has pointed out, does that mean I am really just sending the signal out to let my speakers do the decoding by choosing S/PDIF?

I had my doubts that this may be a software related issue. But Cyberlink tech support insists that this can only be resolved with the Add-on Pack. Can someone from Cyberlink further confirm?
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Steven,

Can you give me the URL that the pop-up brings you to when you click on the message box? We want to see what is exactly going on here and help you out.

David
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Dear Steven and Stefan,

I received noticed from the sales people that this upgrade pack "should" be available next week sometime.

I will let you know when I hear something more.

Thanks

David
Steven [Avatar]
[Post New]
CLD, the URL pointed to the default PowerDVD 8 purchase page.

Ok, notice the past tense on that last sentence? That's because the message no longer displayed for me when I chose to do S/PDIF (PDVD8D) and DTS-ES tracks on my DVD titles. The only thing I did different prior to the time I made my first post was I updated both of my DVD drives' Firmware, which I did so my drives can read a program on a DVD that won't finish install (as somehow the last pieces of the installation program can't be read). Firmware update turned out to allow the program to finish install. I had not played a movie DVD since the firmware update until just last night, when I was expecting the DTS-ES 6.1 track playback to display the pop up window, only that it did not show and the speaker played the DTS track without interruptions from PDVD8D. So I guess the Firmware update did the trick.
Stefan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Have anyone see the Add on Pack for PowerDVD 8 Deluxe? I haven't find any link on Cyberlink-Hompage. I am interested on the DTS ES Plugin, but I can't find them.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 11. 2008 00:54

Steven [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Have anyone see the Add on Pack for PowerDVD 8 Deluxe? I haven't find any link on Cyberlink-Hompage. I am interested on the DTS ES Plugin, but I can't find them.

Hi Stefan, looks like I still had this message tagged for responses. I believe it is available from the Cyberlink home page, click Store and under PowerDVD 8, click enhancements, and then there's the Advanced Audio Pack for PowerDVD 8 Deluxe. I suppose that would be it? I'd have hoped that Cyberlink would add a product description to it to tell you more about it though.

Best of luck to you.
Stefan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks I have found it. But where is not possible to pay in EURO. When I search in other language-version of the homepage to the add on pack, I can't find him. So the add on pack is only for some countries.