Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
constant crashing
Pinesal [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 18, 2009 13:03 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I have tried contacting tech support but I get an error message when I try to send the ticket request.

This program constantly crashes when I am manipulating clips on the timeline. I am working with .mov files and I have followed the troubleshooting directions to uninstall quicktime and install the one provided.

I still get crashes, I am about to give up on Powerdirector.

I have attached and error report from Event Viewer

The program PDR9.exe version 9.0.0.3305 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is

available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
Process ID: ef8
Start Time: 01ce84d619d756da
Termination Time: 68
Application Path: C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector\PDR9.exe
Report Id: 035f871d-f0cb-11e2-beb2-0022684b42d3
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

The program PDR9.exe version 9.0.0.3305 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is

Process ID: 1eb0
Start Time: 01ce84d603de9492
Termination Time: 59
Report Id: 5120c480-f0c9-11e2-beb2-0022684b42d3

Process ID: f44
Start Time: 01ce84d59be612a5
Termination Time: 70
Report Id: 26f31d70-f0c9-11e2-beb2-0022684b42d3

There is no info in the Action Center.
 Filename
error.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
260 time(s)
Andres.R
Senior Member Location: Tartu, Estonia Joined: Dec 31, 2009 02:26 Messages: 263 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I have also crashes time to time, but my problem is not the best PC and I have had to hurry with manipulating clips. What I do: I try do not hurry and have improved my PC in cheapest way
BR Andres

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 20. 2013 02:21

PowerDirector 17. Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770 (8M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz); Hard Disk: SSD 250Gb + SSD 500GB.

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AndresRootsi
BrianLeTech [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Brisbane Joined: Sep 08, 2012 00:06 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
PowerDirector is famous for 'crashing'.. Mine crashes several times a day. Like AndresR, I suspected my old PC so I bought a new more powerful PC.. No difference. Still crashes with same frequency. I have to save my work every few minutes in rotating project names.
If you google ["Power Director" crashes], you get 60,000 hits.
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Pinesol wrote,

I have tried contacting tech support but I get an error message when I try to send the ticket request.

This program constantly crashes when I am manipulating clips on the timeline. I am working with .mov files and I have followed the troubleshooting directions to uninstall quicktime and install the one provided.

I still get crashes, I am about to give up on Powerdirector.

I have attached and error report from Event Viewer

Sorry that you having troubles. In order to try to find out why you are having crashes, more detail is needed to offer some explanations as to why. Unfortunately crashes happen for lots of different reasons. PowerDirector runs very well on many peoples PC's including mine, so it isn't that PowerDirector in inherently unstable.

1. If you attach a DxDiag file that would help. This helps show what your PC is made of. It will show what hardware is in your PC and may uncover a clue. It also provides other driver information. Instructions for creating a DxDiag file are in the stickies of the forum.

2. Attach a screenshot, full screen of the application and timeline. This can uncover what you are using in your project and how your timeline is setup (complexity of your project), duration, applied effects and/or power tools, shadow files being used, that sort of thing

3. Tell a little more about mov files you are using. MediaInfo, you can google it and download and install it. This app can analyze all of the specifics about the auio and video portion of the video which can be helpful. But it helps to know resolution, bitrate, codec,etc etc. Attach the results to your post.

4. What build of Power Director 9 are you using? There are patches that are released to fix problems. Are you using the latest version?

This information might help get people started in finding the cause.

Brian,
If you google ["Power Director" crashes], you get 60,000 hits.

That's a lot of hits! But....when I then entered different video editor names and searched......they ALL have crashing issues. I am certainly not defending Power Director, just saying that crashing happens to all video editing software for various reasons. Those reasons typically can, with some work, be uncovered and solved. The answer isn't always easy to detect.

If you could start your own new topic and post the requested information in your post, that would help others help you. The troubleshooting flow might be different between Pinesol's problem and yours, so to keep the topic focused it helps to have your own troubleshooting topic in the forum. Usually lots of questions get asked and answered. It's hard to ask question of TWO people in the same topic. It can get a little overwhelming.

KEvin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 21. 2013 06:57

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.