Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Title Scroll Control
mark681 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 13, 2013 21:12 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I would like to have a title scroll from off screen and stop in the middle. One Motion template (i.e. Scroll Up) moves the title from below the screen to up and out of the screen. I want it to scroll from below the screen and stop in the middle. Is there a tool or control that will stop it where I want? I am using PowerDirector 11.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 10. 2013 13:41

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
If you want to stop the scroll you take a snapshot (Freeze frame). Show the freeze frame for the length of time you want the text to stop scrolling.

Speed of scroll is controlled by the length of the scroll. If you want slower, increase the length of the scrolling title.
Drag it longer on the timeline.

Is there a tool or control that will stop it where I want? I am using PowerDirector 11.

Yes, it is called pause. You pause the scroll in the preview when you see what you want to take a snapshot of for freeze frame.

Keyboard shortcut is the Space bar.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 10. 2013 18:34

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Here is a link to a Pdtoots tutorial

"How to pause scrolling credits."

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6fjfxUsfa0E

It might add to what Carl has already described in video form. It was created using Power Director 8, but the method is the same using other versions.

Kevin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 10. 2013 18:44

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
ShadowsOfKnight [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 10, 2013 18:29 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Excellent idea and video. Thanks Cap'n Kevin. I could have used this on my last project.

Actually my requirement was the opposite. I wanted to start with a full screen of credits, and then start scrolling from there. So I guess you could do the freeze frame, and then delete the first scrolling video, and retain the one after the freeze frame.
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Excellent idea and video. Thanks Cap'n Kevin. I could have used this on my last project.

Actually my requirement was the opposite. I wanted to start with a full screen of credits, and then start scrolling from there. So I guess you could do the freeze frame, and then delete the first scrolling video, and retain the one after the freeze frame.

You got it, that would do what you wanted! Once you know how to manipulate the parts you can do lots of very creative variations.

Glad it helped!

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
mark681 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I thank you for the reply. It seems to work great. I knew there must a workaround but not sure if I would have ever stumbled onto that from the help files alone. I appreciate this Forum a lot.
mark681 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I followed the steps and have a video I inserted but now the background is not transparent but black. I am trying to resemble the action of Google Glass when the default Time and "Okay Glass" appear from the bottom and stop. It looks pretty cool but the background lost transparency somewhere in the transition Title to video to key frame and final Production. Darn.

What step did I miss to preserve the transparency?
[Thumb - Scroll and Stop.PNG]
 Filename
Scroll and Stop.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
Picture in Picture with animation of scrolling
 Filesize
345 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
78 time(s)
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Mark, you can use Chroma Key to remove the Black and make it transparent again.

It is is one of the quirks in Powerdirector, anything transparent is Black. PD does not have a Alpha channel for transparency.

Select the Video or image then Modify. Chroma Key the Black background.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

mark681 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Perfect. That worked! I should have known that but still learning. Thanks.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Mark -

Remember when this was being discussed before? http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/28743.page - I suggested using the "Slide Up" motion, rather than "Scroll". Didn't that work for you? Seems much simpler to me.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
mark681 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I was trying to remember why and just tried to use it again and the slide up starts at the bottom of the screen and exits the top if I use a title. I wanted to isolate the motion in the PIP. I needed to use a movie in the PIP movie and was having problems. When I use an embedded movie I was getting a black background and wasn't using the Chroma key correctly and so didn't revisit until now. I did a workaround with no motion but it didn't mimic the Google automation in their demonstration video.

My Google Glass concept video is a work in progress. http://youtu.be/wzIohj2vWu8