Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
A couple of questions from a noobe
Loren C
Member Location: New Hampshire Joined: Jul 08, 2013 19:53 Messages: 86 Offline
[Post New]
Rob

You're correct, my system is a 32 bit. My son and I put it together a few years ago. He just gave me the current video card that he had an extra of.

Thank you as well, Borgus1. Appreciate your help.

I'll see if there is a newer driver for it. I'm going to try and get out for some more riding tomorrow, and take some more footage of our back roads here in N.H.
You may see some of my attempts at creating videos here... http://www.youtube.com/user/larry3138/videos
Feel free to cretique if you desire. That's how I learn

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 12. 2013 20:07

Ageing Gracefully
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Loren.

Very nice I like those bird houses ! I am going to build a few for my own garden when I get around to it.

Also had a quick look at your riding vids. Think about making the transitions faster in between clips/pictures.
The default 2 second transition timing can be pretty slow at times depending on what effect you are looking to present to the viewer. Also don't be afraid to split/cut out portions of the trail to tighten up your clip.

(Think about adding informative popup text descriptions during your ride to pull the viewers attention to something you find important or interesting. Also how about adding end credits- including your name/alias, trail name and or location where the video was taken, camera used, bike / quad used, song title etc. to give the viewer a bit more info about the trail.)

Shameless plug- here is a link to a tutorial- have a look to see the ins and outs of using transitions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG400WMMCcE&feature=c4-overview&list=UU7hIdJ-WxMntopk-3uNTXuQ

Btw- just curious, what camera do you have strapped to your noggin? A GoPRO or Contour or something else?

Rob
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
Loren C
Member Location: New Hampshire Joined: Jul 08, 2013 19:53 Messages: 86 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Loren.

Very nice I like those bird houses ! I am going to build a few for my own garden when I get around to it.

Also had a quick look at your riding vids. Think about making the transitions faster in between clips/pictures.
The default 2 second transition timing can be pretty slow at times depending on what effect you are looking to present to the viewer. Also don't be afraid to split/cut out portions of the trail to tighten up your clip.

(Think about adding informative popup text descriptions during your ride to pull the viewers attention to something you find important or interesting. Also how about adding end credits- including your name/alias, trail name and or location where the video was taken, camera used, bike / quad used, song title etc. to give the viewer a bit more info about the trail.)

Shameless plug- here is a link to a tutorial- have a look to see the ins and outs of using transitions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG400WMMCcE&feature=c4-overview&list=UU7hIdJ-WxMntopk-3uNTXuQ

Btw- just curious, what camera do you have strapped to your noggin? A GoPRO or Contour or something else?

Rob

Thanks for suggestions, and link. On some of my slide shows ,and videos, I've credited various artists doing the music. I'm always not sure about the piracy thing. I’ve also considered more info about what bike I’m riding, camera, etc. Still new with this, and a lot to learn.

Transitions are one of the things I’m going to have to pay more attention to. Like any work, you have to become proficient with the tools before you can get creative. Work in progress.

I just discovered this forum, and I’m sure it’s going to help a lot.

I have a GoPro Hero 2 that I got for Christmas. It does have some peculiar characteristics.
Like shutting off unexpectedly. Lens fogging up at times. I’m experimenting with settings, and their effect on shake, vibration, etc. I mount it on top of my helmet. I have tendency to hold my head off to one side. Been a trial and error to get the mount angled just right. I’ve also mounted it to my KLR650 handle bar. More vibration but being fixed, it’s not subject to the tilt problem.

I like the helmet mount because I can turn the camera to the side if there’s something of interest there.

This morning I filmed 3 different sections of road. ( 3 separate files.) First was ok, 2d & 3d were foggy from the humidity. I didn’t know that until I stopped and took the camera off the helmet. ( I have the remote for the GoPro.)
The other thing that happened was, the camera just froze up and I had to remove the battery to get it working again.
Needless to say, I’m not thrilled with the GoPro for reliability of operation.

My bird house efforts are to relieve bordom during winter. I don’t like the cold, but do like New England most of the rest of the year.

PS: I did install newest video driver for my video card. Those options in Power Director still aren't available. I'll just live with it.
Appreciate your help.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 14. 2013 20:59

Ageing Gracefully